ten of hearts

You and Arisu made it to the lobby and weaved through the crowd of people. You walked to the table where the phones were and grabbed one for yourself. Arisu followed in pursuit and he looked at the screen, wondering what would happen next.

"Hey," You tapped his shoulder. "Everyone's gathering there."

"Something must've happened," He reasoned out and looked at you. "Come on."

You followed Arisu and slithered through the crowd once more, wondering what the commotion was for. A gasp left your lips when you realised what had happened.

A lifeless body, which belonged to Momoka, laid on the ground. A knife was struck where her heart would be and blood stained her bikini. You looked up and noticed Mira and Kuzuryu standing next to each other again. Ever since Hatter's death, you never saw Mira smile. Instead, you saw that same, solemn look.

"Arisu," You heard Usagi call his name.

Both you and Arisu turned around. Arisu immediately smiled in relief as he hugged Usagi, "Thank god you're alright. What did Niragi do to you? How far did he touch you? I swear I'll-"

"Chill out, mister," You stopped his rambling. You gently looked at Usagi, "Are you alright?"

"Yeah," Usagi nodded. "He didn't have the chance to do what he wanted thanks to the game. I managed to escape while everyone was distracted. How did you escape, Arisu?"

"Y/N saved me. Turns out, she didn't know Chishiya was going to betray us and saved us," He assured her.

Usagi gave you a smile, "Thank you."

"No worries. Arisu's my friend too," You smiled back at her.

"Momoka!"

Your attention was diverted when you heard someone shout out that name. In a frenzy, a young woman ran towards the dead body and cried out at the loss of her friend. You realised then that that was Asahi, the woman you saw with Momoka every single day. Just then, everyone's phones chimed.

"Game, 'Witch Hunt'. The evil witch who took the girl's life is hiding among you. The witch role is not limited to women."

"Among us?" Usagi repeated as she looked around at the crowd.

"You clear the game if you find the witch and burn them in the Fire of Judgement. Time limit, two hours."

"Looks like it's already begun," You muttered, looking outside the window facing the back of the building. Arisu and Usagi followed your line of sight and saw the fire as well.

"There's a fire burning at the back of the building!" Someone yelled out.

Everyone began murmuring, wondering what the next course of action would be.

"Find the one who murdered Momoka, then burn them in the Fire of Judgement," Ann concluded.

Niragi walked up to the front of the crowd then, "A witch hunt? Sounds interesting."

Usagi looked down at her phone, realising that the countdown had already begun. Niragi stopped next to her and nudged her slightly, whispering to her. Arisu quickly pulled Usagi behind him, eyes narrowed at Niragi defensively.

"All right, let's search for the witch!" Niragi exclaimed.

The crowd began separating into two sections while Ann walked up to Momoka's corpse to inspect how she was murdered. Just then, someone from the crowd called out to Asahi.

"Hey, you. Why weren't you with her today?"

"What?" Asahi asked, bewildered.

"Why were you late? Weren't you always with her?"