Man With Three Swords Too Angry To Die

Start from the beginning

"WE OUGHT TO TEACH YOU A LESSON– YOU BASTARD!!"

Zoro's brothers in Christ looked ready to take the matter into their own hands at Mihawk's jabs. They were being held back by Luffy as they struggled to jump back into the ocean to reach the platform they were on.

"Stop! Don't interfere!"

He pushed their heads to the ground so they couldn't move. Luffy was watching the fight with a pained expression. He didn't like seeing Zoro get made fun of like this– but it wasn't his right to jump into the battle himself.

"Just... Stay right here...!"

You were having the time of your life. You were eagerly observing everything before you. You were on the edge of your seat as Mihawk threw Zoro to the side like a piece of trash. But it's not like you didn't care that Zoro was suffering. You were overriding that worry and concern with adrenaline and excitement.

Which is why you stayed glued to your spot when Mihawk stabbed Zoro right in the chest.

"ZORO!!"

"BRO!!"

The two were deathly still as they entered a staring contest. "Do you wish for me to pierce through your heart? Why do you refuse to step back?" Mihawk questioned, arm still and gaze unwavering.

You could only imagine the pain that Zoro was going through.

"Beats me... I dunno myself... I get the feeling... That if I were to even take a single step back, I'd be losing something very important to me. Whatever it is, it'd be irreversibly broken. I'd never be able to return back to where I'm standing right now."

"Yes," Mihawk hummed. "Such is defeat."

He laughed dryly. "That's why I can't step back."

"Even if it means your death?"

Zoro grinned. "I'd rather die."

Mihawk stared at the young man before him. Though he was stupid, his conviction to take death over defeat was impressive. Mihawk made a silent decision and slowly took the small sword out of the boy's chest.

"Kid... Tell me your name."

"Roronoa Zoro."

He nodded to himself and reached for his sword. "I will remember it. It's rare to see strength like yours in this world. To pay my respects to you, I shall end this duel with Yoru, the world's strongest sword."

Your heart leapt into your throat. GOODBYE ZORO

"HE UNSHEATHED IT!!"

"THAT'S ENOUGH– STOP!! STOP IT!!"

"SANTORYU–OGI! SANZEN SEKAI!!"

The first thing you saw was blood

What you heard next was the shattering of Zoro's swords as they broke

The only one that remained intact was the Wado Ichimonji. He had underestimated Mihawk far too much– but he still had his life. Zoro had walked into this thinking that nobody could beat him, and he would be walking out of this with at least a liter less of blood.

Mihawk was already behind him, and instead of attacking again, Zoro accepted that this was his loss. He sheathed his sword quickly and turned around with open arms. It caught Mihawk off guard to see Zoro let his own defenses down.