Getting himself dressed into a white shirt, underwear and some black jeans, Reece sat on the edge of the bed and waited for his charging phone to turn on. When it did, he had about a hundred notifications pop through. At least thirty missed calls, a shit ton of text messages and other notifications from Facebook. Going through the list of missed calls, he saw that a lot of them were from his brothers, but there were a few from Luke, two from Nicky and even one from Jeffrey. The other happened to be from the real estate, which he definitely needed to return. Going through his text messages, most of them happened to be voice messages from his missed calls. The ones from his brothers were just begging him to pick up and then there was one from Jeffrey. Reece didn't want to click on the message, but his curiosity got the better of him.

"Hi Reece, I heard about your house and that girlfriend of yours and I'm sorry." Then the line went quiet and all Reece could hear was Jeffrey's breathing. "I know it's tough right now, but at least she is in a better place. I'd appreciate that you give me a call back or attend church, there is some things I want to discuss with you."

Reece's chest tightened and instead of the tears rolling down his cheeks, the anger took over him. 'At least she is in a better place'? That was one thing Jeffrey should not have said. He could have left it as he was sorry and to call him back, but no. Reece blamed himself for what happened to her, but hearing that voice message from Jeffrey had changed his tone. Reece blamed Jeffrey. If Jeffrey had just listened to begin with, or followed through with the so-called retaliation that Reece and the rest of the club wanted, she would still be alive. Reece's eyes glowed gold as his rage took over. Reece was definitely going to the meeting now, he had a president to rip into.

Seeing the text of the time of the meeting, Reece took note of the time to see that he only had a couple of hours before he needed to head out to the clubhouse. Reece didn't give a fuck over how he looked going out there, he was hurting and he was not okay. As for what he had in mind when it came to Jeffrey, he really wanted to pound him with his fists. His respect for Jeffrey was non-existent and if Jeffrey wasn't willing to plan an immediate retaliation after what had happened, Reece was done. He didn't know whether he would throw in the rag, but he would do something.

Continuing to sit there on the bed, Reece opened up Facebook and found himself searching up her profile in his friends list. Seeing her profile picture and how beautiful she looked, Reece felt his stomach knot up and his heart crumble to pieces for the millionth time since the fire. With his eyes seeing double due to the tears, Reece scrolled down her page and into her pictures. There were so many pictures of the beaches from where Reece assumed was her home town, then there were pictures of her and some of her friends. One of which she appeared to be dressed up in some sort of clubbing outfit. Her hair was down and full of blonde highlights and her blue eyes were stunningly bright and smiling just as wide as she was. Reece hadn't seen her quite like that, but he had seen her smile like that with her eyes glistening beautifully. With the tears rolling down his cheeks, he continued swiping through her photos until he came across one of her and an older woman. He guessed that it was her mother and that made his gut twist. No one had notified her family on what happened to her and Reece felt awful. For all he knew, her family could have spent the entire week trying to get a hold of her and was wondering why she wasn't answering. Reece wanted to tell them, but he didn't know how. He also had no contact details to any of her family which didn't help.

Reece moved over on the bed and laid down on the bare mattress, keeping his phone connected to the charger, he swiped through every single photo and video she had posted on her profile. Some of the silly things she posted when she was younger, from riding on motorbikes to the ice bucket challenge that was popular back in 2014. Reece had a chuckle when he watched that who he assumed was her younger brothers, tried to throw an esky full of ice and water but failed, so she ended up picking it up herself and throwing it on herself. As much as he was chuckling, was as much as he was crying. He wanted to be able to see more of her being happy and silly and he wished he was the reason for her laughter, but it was too late for that. Losing someone he had fallen in love with, it was the worst thing he had to ever endure. Losing his mother was hard, but this was so much worse. He didn't get that much time with her and maybe it was not enough for her to reciprocate his love, but still, he knew she had feelings for him. That was enough for him, she cared about him and that made him happy.