Chapter 6 - Future Plans

Start from the beginning

Hiro continued, "Apparently, I'll have to go back to the tavern... See you later, sir."

Before Hiro left, the guard said, "If you see him, tell him to come back. We have urgent matters to attend to."

Hiro nodded in agreement and set off, retracing his steps along the same path. However, something had changed in him. His once confident and upright posture gave way to a downtrodden figure. His shoulders slouched, and his arms hung almost lifelessly by his sides.

Those who observed him from afar could sense the depressive aura surrounding him.

Meanwhile, for Hikari and King, things were different. After separating from Hiro, they arrived at a place called "Wash"

"King, this place seems to be suitable for us to clean ourselves," Hikari said.

King replied with a laugh, "If this isn't the place, then no place is, ahaha!"

Upon entering, a middle-aged woman greeted them with a wide smile, saying, "Welcome to Wash, where while you wash, we wash your belongings."

Upon hearing those words, Hikari grabbed the woman's hand and said, "Please arrange a space for two," while King happily jumped on Hikari's shoulder and shouted, "NICE! NICE!"

She raised an eyebrow and said, "Well, well, it's not every day we see a talking animal. It seems you've formed a bond, how lovely."

King began tapping his foot on Hikari's shoulder after being called an animal and said, "Listen, madam, just because you saved us from the dirt doesn't mean you can treat me like that! I am a future King, my name is King!" He crossed his arms and looked away.

The lady let out a laugh with a wide smile and said, "Very well, Your Majesty, my apologies. Follow me."

Upon arriving at one of the bathing areas, the lady said, "Leave your clothes here. As soon as you enter the bathing area, I will collect them and return them to you clean before you leave. Don't worry."

Hikari did as instructed and left her clothes there, entering the bath with King. Both of them could relax and cleanse themselves completely.

While in the bath, King asked Hikari, "Princess, don't you think it's time to tell Hiro? After all, he's not that foolish, and he must have noticed something."

Hikari replied, "I don't want to involve him... not yet..." as she let her body slide until only her eyes were above the water.

King responded, ending the conversation, "Alright... but sooner or later, it will be inevitable."

Feeling completely renewed after being cleansed, King and Hikari thanked the lady once again and left the establishment after nearly an hour of use.

As soon as they walked out the door, they came face to face with none other than Arthur, who greeted them, "Well, well, if it isn't my brave drinking companions. I see you're already clean and fresh, while I, a future king, am all dirty."

Hikari and King started laughing and were surprised by how casually Arthur, a future king, interacted with them.

"Hello, Arthur. Good morning," said Hikari and King.

Hikari added, "Weren't you with Hiro?"

Arthur scratched the back of his head, blushing, and said, "With Hiro? No. I just woke up in the tavern's restroom... how embarrassing."

King, teasingly, said, "What a fine King you're going to be, haha."

Meanwhile, Hiro managed to reach the tavern where he woke up after twice the time and saw Hikari, King, and Arthur talking.

As he approached them, he was greeted with a provocative comment from King, "Look who arrived, the useless one who had only one task and still couldn't manage to do it. What a surprise!"

"King, if you don't shut up, I'll kill you," Hiro said with a hungry look, causing King to hide in Hikari's hair.

Seeing Hiro's frustration, Arthur put his hand on Hiro's back and pushed him into the establishment, saying, "Wash up," and told Hikari, "Take this opportunity to explore the city; we'll meet up with you later."

As Hiro sat in the bath, he let out a loud "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.".

Arthur quickly looked at Hiro with wide eyes, but Hiro soon completed his statement, saying, "That's what I needed...".

"Arthur needed a favor," Hiro said with a more assertive tone.

Without hesitation, Arthur replied, "Anything within my reach."

Hiro gave a slight smile and said, "I need a cart with a horse for my journey. I haven't spoken to Hikari yet, but I'm going to find out more about the Signs of Light."

Arthur started laughing, and Hiro became confused. "Why are you laughing?" Hiro asked.

"Oh, nothing. I thought it would be something more extravagant, and it's just a cart. Of course, I'll give you a cart, and I'll also send supplies and some other things that might be useful to you," Arthur said, laughing but with a focused look that left no doubt.

Hiro thanked him, and they took the rest of the time to relax and clean themselves in the bath.

Leaving the establishment much later than when they entered, they noticed that Hikari and King were already waiting for them.

"The maidens have finished," King said, crossing his arms.

Hiro, now refreshed and relaxed, responded to King, teasingly, "Be patient; one day you'll be as handsome as me.".

Arthur, seeing the tension rise, interrupted and said, "Go in this direction to the gate and wait there; I'll join you shortly.".

After reaching the gate, the three sat down and chatted while waiting for Arthur. Hiro took the opportunity to share his plans for the future. "I'm going after the Signs of Light. I asked Arthur for a cart so we wouldn't have to walk. I don't force you to come with me, but I want to make it clear that I intend to go."

King exchanged glances with Hikari, and although they didn't say anything, the message was clear between them that the truth would come out sooner or later.

Hikari responded to Hiro, "We're going with you, but why are you going after them?".

King added, "Of course, we're going with you. After all, we can't leave a peasant alone.".

Hiro thanked them both and replied with eager and focused eyes, "They're the only ones who know about my father, and I can't let them do as they please with cities like this!"

Hikari's eyes sparkled upon hearing those words. "Right, we'll help!" she said with a soft voice and a smile from ear to ear.

Meanwhile, in the distance, the sound of a horse could be heard, and it was Arthur commanding the cart and waving to them.

"Here you have Hiro, the cart with everything and anything you might need. Once again, thank you for what you did for our city. I'm sorry you can't stay longer, but I won't hold you here. Here's a magical letter that connects directly to this city. Just write on it, and I'll receive the message in my letter as well. If you ever need help, don't hesitate!" said Arthur.

The three of them thank Arthur with a bow and say, "Thank you, Arthur. I'm sure you'll be a great King."

And so, the self-proclaimed heroes left the city, with Hiro leading the way, driving the cart while Hikari and King stayed by their side. Their gazes were fixed on the vastness of the unknown that stretched before them, like an invitation to a new journey.

The wind blew gently, rustling their clothes and carrying away the remnants of the city they left behind. Amidst the silence of the road, only the hooves of the horses could be heard, marking the rhythm of their departure.

The determination displayed on their faces revealed their courage and unwavering desire to explore uncharted territories.

What awaits them in the world of Nebula? And what secret are Hikari and King hiding?