Track 4: Center of Earth

After snooping through Rekka's computer, Peppermint and I went back to the hideout and from how things really should have been here I've made a really big change and for the better on top of that thanks to not answering the call Kale and the other bosses will think I'm working alone and that leaves Peppermint with much more confidence to act and not knowing of her existence.

Peppermint: You know you weren't all bad out there, for a second I thought I'd have to rethink my whole plan.

Except this dialogue which has remained partially the same as the original.

Chai: Do you really have that little faith in me? I may not even understand how the entire equipment of the place works but I try my best to understand it and see if there is any similarity to anything else I have seen.

Peppermint: Really? This is reasoning... good...

Chai: Anyway going back to the data you've collected, is there anything else you've discovered about SPECTRA other than controlling people's minds?

At that point she pulled out more drawings she had made.

Pepermint: Alright, Mission Report! So according to the file i stole, SPECTRA Is a multifaced cognitive AI algorithm.

Chai: I know it, i know it was an AI or a robot.

Peppermint: Chai... i say not spoiler.

Chai: You said it again!

Peppermint: Again? What are you talking about?

Chai: Oh! for God...

I put my hand over my mouth to stop the swear.

Peppermint: Anyway... SPECTRA is an AI, and AI development happens in the R&D branch.

After that part I stopped listening to her as I already knew what to do.

Chai: All right, 5 minutes and I'm starting to get going.

I went to the sofa and lay down followed by 808 who settled on my chest, seeing this I smiled and stroked her head as she enjoyed it.

Peppermint: Chai... listen... what you said when you saw the statue of Roxanne...

Chai: Yes, what is it?

Peppermint: No, nothing.

She definitely wanted to tell me something but she stopped because surely my opinion about her would have changed later but she doesn't know that sooner or later she will have to reveal the truth, I just hope that she can do it alone without me intervening.

10 minutes later...

Peppermint: Chai, you get there yet?

At that moment a ventilation duct grate fell to the floor and then our hero fell on his back to the floor.