"What?" Lo'ak muttered, furrowing his brows. Almost as if he couldn't believe what his father said. While Neteyam looked away, wiping off the excess blood under his nose.

"He is the Cheif's son. Do you understand?" The older Ometicayan stated. "I don't care how you do it. Just go make peace." he finished, as he gestured for Lo'ak to get out of the hut.

"Just go." He muttered, as Lo'ak only shook his head. Yet, he still followed the orders his father gave him. And made his way out of the hut, in even more disappointment.

Neteyam began to walk forward, as he was nearly exiting the hut his father stopped him. "Hey," Neteyam turned around and looked at his father. Letting the illuminating sun hit his back.

"So what'd the other guys look like?" Jake questioned, in a more softer tone than before. "Worse." The younger male briefly said, looking at the ground.

Jake slowly nodded, "That's good. . ." He commented. Causing Neteyam to smile, and look up at his father.

"A lot worse." Jake glanced back at the Reef for a second, then back at his son. Before asking him another question.

"Did anything else happen to (Y/N) or Kiri?" Neteyam's ears went back slightly, glancing back at the ground for a brief moment. Causing Jake to sigh.

"What happened?" He questioned. Neteyam looked back at his father and spoke. "(Y/N) got tackled by one of the boys, trying to help Lo'ak." He paused for a moment, while Jake clicked his tounge.

"But I helped her get out of the fight." He stated, Jake looked back at Neteyam and nodded lightly in approval. "Okay." Was all his father said. Jake had never fully admitted that he felt more comfortable with his older son being around you, but he had always gestured towards it. He simply felt that he was the more responsible child.

"I want you to be around (Y/N) more. Just watch over her." He finished, causing Neteyam's smile to appear again.

The younger male nodded, feeling praised that his father prefered him to be near you. "Get outta here." Jake stated, as Neteyam did just that. Walking outside of the hut.

The older male stayed in the same position, as he watched his eldest son leave. He sighed, as the words of the Tsahík were still in his head.

YOU WERE ON YOUR ILU in the clear breezing waters, as you stayed near a rock. You and your ilu were enjoying the soft sounds of the waves. You giggled softly, as you were still thinking about the fight earlier. It was pretty funny until Jake broke up the fight.

Your ears perked up, as you heard multiple ilus head towards you. Causing you to look up and turn your head to the side. It was the same group of boys from earlier, they were all laughing as they made their way towards you.

Causing you to hold onto your ilu in case something happened. As the said animal chirped in reaction to your tight hold.

"What's tree girl doing here all alone?" one of Ao'nung's friends said, as they all stopped, though giving you enough space.

You turned and looked at Ao'nung. His eye had a light purple bruise, while his face held a monotonous expression.

You sighed, trying to ignore his idiotic friends as you swam closer to a particular Metkayina boy.

"Your mom yell at you?" you questioned, as you slightly tilted your head to the side. His expression turned sour as he softly glared at you, while his friends scoffed.

You spoke up again, "Maybe if you apologize. . . I'll forgive you." you stared off, not bothering to even glance at him. Ao'nung bit his tounge lightly, as he looked over at his friends. Scoffing almost.

They were smiling sinisterly. Especially the one you punched earlier, Ao'nung's frown soon turned into a smirk, as he held his hand out.

"Your right, the fault is mine." You turned your head and looked at him in slight surprise. You looked back at his arm, then at him, you raised a brow in confusion.

Hesitantly you took his hand, as he held onto yours tightly. Your skin was soft. Ao'nung parted his lips to speak.

"Come out with us, outside the Reef." you let go of his hand, as you began to nibble on the inside of your cheek.

Something didn't seem right to you.

You looked back at his friends, seeing that they were all staring at you intently, you tore your eyes away from them and looked back at the Cheif's son.

"It's where the strongest warriors go to train." the boy smirked.

"I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to be out that far." You said, recollecting the events that happened yesterday when both adults lectured you.

Ao'nung sighed, in 'disapointment'.

He raised both of his hands and looked back at his friends. "I must be asking the wrong girl." he said, as his words were laced with sarcasm. You shook your head lightly, as you were about to swim away.

"You're already out." one of his friends said, as you turned to look at him. It was the same curly headed boy from earlier, the one that called you a freak.

"C'mon what bad can it do? Come out with us, don't be weak." he commented, causing you to scoff.

"Maybe she's just a slow swimmer." another one of his friends said. Your ears went back, as you subtly glared at both boys. You turned to Ao'nung with determination, "Let's do it." you held out your arm, waiting for him to take it.

In which he did, causing his smile to grow bigger, while his friends yipped at your response. Ao'nung then handed you a spare hunting spear. As you all began to dive underwater, following Ao'nung's lead

The Cheif's son grinned as so did his friends.

     YOU FELL RIGHT FOR THEIR TRAP. WHO KNEW YOU WERE SO EASY TO DECEIVE. . .

( I'm sorry for the long wait, as I said before i got a new phone and I'm still trying to get use to it

( I'm sorry for the long wait, as I said before i got a new phone and I'm still trying to get use to it. I orignally said I was going to release multiple chapters at once, but I felt like I was taking to long. And I just wanted to get this one out already. Another thing I apologise cause I also said that you were going to find out what Ronal said 😭 )

unedited.

07/10/2023