"But you'll certainly see me if it's positive" he joked.

"Don't jinx it Athelo" 

I'm grateful that the entire time me and Athelo cleaned Caspain's place up, he never once mentioned how my partner would react. Or never joke about me acting so calmly for a person who just slept with somebody.

─────────────────────
AUBREON
─────────────────────

"You're being reckless Ramos!" Screams after screams, I feel so worn out just by hearing it. 

"Angelica liste-" I try to explain my side of the story so this argument can and and I could rest after such a long night with finishing the papers a left during the business meeting in Chicago.

"What were you thinking aimlessly going out without a care of your profile? What will be the public's reaction if the photo of you going in and out with a lady in a cheap hotel leaks out? Be thankful that I convinced those journalist to delete that article before it spreads!" 

Seeing that she won't be stopping any time soon I just sat down on the coach of my home.

When I arrive at my home after spending most of my days this past few weeks with Sage, I didn't know that Angelica would be waiting. I did Apologize for my absence in our scheduled family lunch but turns out she has another issue to speak out.  The moment I went inside, she started to argue after throwing me a photo of me and Sage that was taken by some rookie photographer.

I let Angelica do her thing and given that my body is at the brink of shutting down I closed my eyes and thought of the situation more seriously to prevent myself dozing of to dream land.

I've been keeping my relationship with Sage a secret and it has been months of our secret relationship. I don't have any plans to publicize our relationship, not after the incident of her apartment, so I would gladly take down whatever articles there is about Sage without the help of Angelica.

Knowing her, I know that if I spoke as if I'm against her, she'll only prolong her compliance to spite me.

So I did what's best for me. I kept quiet until she's over with her delusions and self-centered beliefs.

"I'm never against your relationships outside of this, but all I'm asking you for is to keep it low. I don't want to be known as the wife of a billionaire who got cheated with a young woman" she retreats herself from my sight, devastated upon realizing that theirs a chance that her public image will be ruined.

That's all she ever cared for.

"If you don't want to be known as the cheated wife then isn't this the best time to file a divorce? I'm even letting you file it so that you're public image wouldn't be stained" I said the obvious. There's no point staying I'm this contractual relationship to begin with. All we every obtain from this legal tie is ruining one another.

"That's even worst than being cheated on! And even if I were to file the divorce I'll recover the black lash still" She skipped back to my sight, white branded dress trailing her lean figure. "Is being careful too much to ask?"

Of course it's too much for a man who's career started from illegal terms. I've got many enemies both in the business world and the dark world. I can't secure safety and care without assigning my men to put tabs wherever I go. But I can't say that, not because of my other life style—Angelica here knows very well that I'm a part of a mafia group— but because she'll prolong this argument.

"You were careful then, but what changed now?" She asked and I've got over a thousand of reasons why this is different.

It's Sage. No the typical ' I want to relieve my stress' one night stands, but the ' I want to live with her for the rest of my life' type of relationship.

I'm serious with Sage thus the moment I spend with her feels like I'm someone different, not the Aubreon Brown or Ramos that everybody knows, but just Aubreon. A simple man who has various of dreams. She didn't love me because of my money and fame, she just love me as who I am as a person. So often of times I forgot who I am.

May I tell you that I even have a negative image of myself, but Sage sees me as someone's pure—I'm far from her view.

She's different from the rest of the world and I want to keep her to myself.

"Because it's different this time"

"Oh please, Ramos. Stop deluding yourself over love, we're too old for that" she chuckles after hearing my nonsense. I could say the same to her, painfully clenching her love to a dead man.

I kept quiet. If I tell her about Sage, then there's no ensuring that she wouldn't touch her. Angelica is spiteful and envious, she believes that theirs no other woman who should surpass her. So if I tell her about Sage, she will most likely not take it very well.

"Anyway, Angelica" I called out and she awaited for my continuation. Her bold red lipstick blinded my eyes from the way it dominates her pale skin. "I would appreciate it if you stop meddling with my affairs like I do to yours"

"You can't even clean up your trails without me, what makes you think you'll do fine with your own?" She is calm now.

"It's not that I can't clean up over myself, it's just because you beat me to it. So as an exchange to not tarnish your hard worked public figure, I'd like it if you stop keeping tabs over my businesses" I try to be as kind as possible, I don't want to send her back to her annoying and loud side.

"Whatever" she rolled her eyes.

"Do you have anything to address?" Because I don't want to see you for too long. It's better to talk everything out today than to save it for tomorrow.

"I do. About your heir"

"You don't have to worry about that. I plan to give my son my company whether he likes it or not" I have discussed this with Athelo but he declined and said he doesn't want the company, he didn't have much difficulty in showing that he doesn't want to get involved in the matter.

"I just want to make sure that you don't have others"

"Athelo is my only son so rest assured that the position will always be for Athelo." I sternly said.

Even if Sage is pregnant with my son, I wouldn't make it my heir. I want our son to live a life like Sage and it will unlikely to happen because Athelo is my first born.

"Good, oh and lastly. I set a gathering this Friday, be sure to attend this time" with that she left to go to her room.

I sometimes don't understand what's the current situation of our relationship. We used to keep our relationship for Athelo's sake but now it's all for the media or whatnot.

As peace indulge me in the living room, I went to Dreamland the moment I lay down on the coach with Sage in my thoughts. Can't wait to see her tomorrow.

─────────────────────