He bit his nails and his lips. He scratched his fingers all the way to the hospital. He didn't know what she was feeling, whether she was in pain or not, but he had to get to the hospital as soon as possible. It all had to stop.

The doctors got the stretcher out and took Hana in an unoccupied room.

"Young man, you're going to have to stay here for a while." said one of the doctors, pointing to a seat in the corridor before entering Hana's room.

It was the same room as last time, as if it were her bedroom. As if they knew she needed a room to herself, knowing very well that she would be occupying it more and more often.

There was a spot of mould on the ceiling. Riki was worried.

What if it was this little spot that was going to make her condition worse ?

How could anyone leave a spot of mould in a hospital ?

Riki had been waiting patiently in the corridor for 1 hour. During this 1 hour, he asked himself lots of questions about Hana's illness. How it was to be sick, why she...

He wondered what she was really feeling because of her illness. If she saw life so differently from the way he did.

Riki was tapping his feet to pass the time and relieve as much stress as possible when the door opened.

The doctor raised his eyebrows in astonishment. He didn't think that boy would wait for her.

He ran his hands over his face before saying to Riki, "It's all right, young man, you can go home." His tone was reassuring and his slight smile made him seem even more convincing.

Riki frowned and said as he stood up, "I can't see her ?"

"She needs to rest." the doctor explained. "But everything's fine."

Riki felt his hand on his back and, strangely, this reassuring gesture did his a world of good.

Hana was fine, and that was all he needed to hear.

Hana woke up slowly and the pain was gone, as if it had never existed.

She could see and hear perfectly. She was breathing properly, her heart was no longer beating fast and had a regular rhythm.

Everything was fine.

The window was open and she could hear the birds singing.

She breathed and there was no more pain, everything had disappeared. The world around her was calm and everything seemed gentle.

There were no clouds in the sky and the sunrise had given way to a magnificent pink and orange sky.

She soon realised that she had slept through the night.

Someone knocked on her door but no-one came in. She gathered her last strength to get up and went to open the door, but there was no-one there.

She looked down and saw a bouquet of flowers with a letter inside.

The bouquet smelt delicious and looked beautiful.

Hana went back to her room and put the bouquet on her bedside table. She picked up the letter and began to read it.

"Hana, you deserved a bouquet of flowers, didn't you ?

I'm not authorised to enter, so I hope you're feeling better. If you've recovered by the weekend, let me take you to the funfair to take your mind off things. It'll be fun !

I'd also like to tick another box on your list, it's been a long time.

Oh and look in the flowerpot, I hope you like it ;)

-your nini."

Hana let out a smile at the letter. No one had ever asked her to go to the funfair that took place every year in their town because everyone said it was too dangerous for her, whereas eating nutella buns would have made her happy.

She looked quickly into the flowerpot and saw that there was another piece of paper, but thicker this time.

She unfolded it and discovered a drawing.

She turned the page and read, "I loved drawing you with you next to me

She turned the page and read, "I loved drawing you with you next to me. I can't wait to hear you play again, my flower girl."

Hana pressed Riki's drawing to her heart and sat down on her bed. She felt her heart beating even faster, but without pain this time.

It was gentle.

It was pleasant.

She could feel her heart beating as if she'd never been ill, as if she were a person without problems.

She wasn't afraid this time and was looking forward to the weekend so she could go out with Riki again.

With her nini.

She told herself that everything was fine now.

Everything was perfectly fine.

Even if she was lying in a hospital bed.

༺❦༻

thank you for reading this far <3
I'll try to write better in the future ;)
Feel free to leave a vote or comment!