Day 70 Part 4

[tw: homophobic language towards the end]

Beyral

It was already way past noon as I was walking across the beach, waves splashing against my feet. I was thinking about how this whole situation would turn out; with me and my baby.
As if they had been reading my mind, Ao'nung and Neteyam crossed my path. They were such a great couple and I wouldn't want them to break up just for Ao'nung to be with me, to be the father he is, but still. I was kind of jealous. Of course I couldn't force him to drop everything and support our soon to be - family, and I absolutely didn't want him to, but I was hurt. I wanted this kind of relationship he had with Neteyam with someone special. Someone who cares about me and my child. Didn't I deserve this?
Taking a deep breath I calmed myself and tried to be ready for whatever they could be telling me now.

Neteyam looked great - considering the circumstances. I've heard that he'd been shot in the fight against the sky people and then I believe he died, but now he was back again? I didn't quite understand, but Eywa's plans are not always clear to those not affected.
"Hi", I said, voice slightly trembling, as they stopped in front of me.
"I see you, Beyral. I'm Neteyam." He acted as if not everyone knew exactly who he was and everything about his story.
Ao'nung nodded with a small smile. "I've told him everything about us." Of course he did. It was necessary and it's more than okay that he did, but it felt like a slap. I felt ashamed - not even knowing why.

Neteyam's pretty face lit up as he smiled softly. "He told me that you didn't want to keep the child, right?" I nodded, feeling weird talking to him about that. "But I don't know what I should be doing instead. I definitely cannot raise it on my own and I don't even want to do that, but it would hurt so much watching it grow up in another family."
His smile widened.
"We've thought about this and I think we have a solution for it, if you're comfortable with it."
I paused.
"If, and only if, you too want this, we would sort of adopt the child. It could grow up with its father and you would be able to visit whenever you'd like to."
I just stared at him, at a loss for words. Then I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing slipped past my lips, so I closed it again.
They exchanged a quick look. "Bad idea?", Ao'nung asked, suddenly not so confident.
Finally I found my voice again and shook my head. "No. I mean yes, it's a great idea! But what about your parents? Are they okay with it?" Somehow I was not perfectly fine with the suggestion. Sure, it would be awesome like that, but that'd also mean that I'd have to see him and Neteyam often and would have to watch them be happier than ever. Jealousy started to rise in my gut.
"They're totally chill about it, especially now with Tsireya having her child soon."
Hold on, what?
She was pregnant?
Then I remembered that she was with the other Sully boy.
"Uh, congratulations", I stammered, overwhelmed with all this information. Of course thwy were all a big happy family now.
And of course - how else could it be? - Tsireya and her boyfriend appeared.
"Beyral", she said, greeting me with a hint of a smile on her perfect lips.
"Tsireya", I responded, trying to get myself to smile. "May I introduce you to Lo'ak?" She put her hand on the shoulder of the blue na'vi.
I swear I forgot how to breathe. My heart skipped at least two beats and my cheeks were probably intensely red.

Sure, I knew how absolutely inappropriate this was, but I haven't planned to fall in love with the mate of ny ex beat friend on first sight. I didn't want any of them to notice, so I averted my eyes from this astonishing view.
"Congratulations on having a baby", I finally said, looking at the girl again. A smile spread across her face. "Thank you. Well, you too, I've heard."
Her gaze dropped down to my belly and she reached out slowly. "May I?" I nodded.
She absolutely may. I didn't care about her touching me like this because I knew damn well that she'd be tsahìk someday. And back then, when Ao'nung and I were a thing, she was my best friend.

Her fingers were so soft and warm as she carefully let them wander across my skin until she came to a halt and smiled at me.
Tsireya kneeling in front of me did something unexplainable to me. Holy shit.
"Everything feels perfectly fine", she said and stood up. "You two will manage this, I'm sure of that."
Us two?
Then I realized that she meant me and my baby. I just wished I had someone. Like she had Lo'ak. My heart skipped another beat and then raced. "Yea uhm... thanks. Well, gotta go, I guess I'll see you around?" Without waiting for an answer, I left.

Lo'ak Lo'ak Lo'ak Loak.
My thoughts revolved only around him. His perfect braids, his perfect oh, so different skin, his perfect girlfriend, his perfect hands... I imagined what he would be able to do with those hands...

My face was definitely bright red.
I knew it was not acceptable for me to have those kinds of thoughts, but I couldn't help it. Whether I wanted to or not, I couldn't stop thinking about his hands on my skin. Or hers...

My mother screaming made me snap back into reality. "Where were you?" Oh, she was so mad. As usually. "I met Ao'nung and Neteyam." I realized my mistake even while I was speaking. "You meet with those faggots??", she yelled, hysteric. "But Ma, they're -" "NO! I don't want to hear another word from you! And now get out of my sight before I forget myself!"
With my head down I quickly went to my room and laid down in my bed. Tears came out of my eyes but I barely noticed. How would I ever get away from here?
Ao'nung had been my only hope. But now I was stuck here. I couldn't move out - where was I supposed to live instead?
So I had to stay with my mother and I swear to Eywa, if I wasn't carrying the child I wouldn't be here anymore. I've had to listen to her completely delusional opinions and watch her toxic behavior for all my life.
With a sob I gently stroked my belly like Tsireya earlier and tried to calm myself by thinking about how happy this child would be growing up with Ao'nung and his family.
For quite a while I imagined the future life of my sweet baby until my mom stormed in. "Get up! I can't believe you! How dare you lie in bed all day doing nothing, you brat? And don't you dare excuse this behavior with your pregnancy! Do you think I'm stupid? When I was pregnant with you I didn't lie around and cry like a baby! So get up and prepare dinner, you ungrateful girl."
With my eyes closed I took a deep breath.
Then I forced myself to actually stand up and do as she said to evade more screaming.

[oh my god I've totally forgotten about this story. But here's another chapter and I try to update more frequently now. I finished my a-levels (and passed hehe)]