❘❙❚하나❚❙❘

❘ ❙ The King is just a puppet to the Kingmaker ❙ ❘

𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙇𝘼𝙎𝙏 rays of sun were ready to hide behind the gorgeous T'aebaek Mountains, painting the sky in a tremendous palette full of pastel hues be it pink, purple, blue or yellow

𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙇𝘼𝙎𝙏 rays of sun were ready to hide behind the gorgeous T'aebaek Mountains, painting the sky in a tremendous palette full of pastel hues be it pink, purple, blue or yellow. The white clouds reflect the UltraViolet rays glowing smugly in a pretty golden hue.

Under the beautiful landscape, three figures could be seen climbing the countless stairs which seemed to stretch towards the sky, endless.

"How many more stairs are left? Gosh, I'm tired already!" A blonde boy whined making his partner roll his eyes at, yet another tantrum of the obnoxious boy.

"Well, as far as I remember, there were a total of 1,400 stairs and we've only covered 500 something?" Charles Choi replied with a straight face, enjoying the misery of the blonde.

Goo gaped at the sheer number, staring at his partner with hopeful eyes, "Hey, can't you give me a piggyback ride?" Gun gave the blonde a dirty look before refusing flatly, "No."

"You're so mean! Fucking bastard. . ."

"Whom are you calling a bastard, piss hair?"

"Of course, you. Who else?"

"You—"

Ignoring the bickering duo, Charles picked up his pace, climbing the remaining set as he was greeted with a simple hongsalmun made of grey stone. The two boys also caught up, this time growing silent.

"We're here." Elite let out a deep breath, walking inside with his two bodyguards following behind. Gun and Goo watched in amazement, the place was filled with lush cherry blossom trees.

Walking further down the dirt path which led them towards a small shrine with blooming Korean rhododendron and Bigleaf hydrangeas surrounding it.

"A shrine? Don't tell me you suddenly decided to become religious, Old man." Goo laughed in whatever humour he found in the situation.

Charles Choi just smirked to himself which Gun noticed but decided not to comment on it and kept his gaze alert. However, Goo wasn't a serious person, he carelessly stepped forward to touch a statue not seeing the thin thread tied near the ground.

The moment his foot stepped onto the string Charles pulled him back from the collar of his shirt as two daggers got embedded on the spot where the blonde previously was.

"Be serious for once, idiot!" Gun scolded while his black eyes scanned the area for any other sneak attacks.

Choi smiled, "So the demon is finally awake?" The other two just watched with bated breaths when a dark figure emerged from within the trees. He was tall, lithe with a wheatish complexion wearing a white tank top, blue faded jeans and some converse.