"But I don't want to lose them"

"Now calm down sweetheart, they're not going anywhere. Don't you worry about that? Now, why did you travel to Jeju all alone?"

"I came to visit my mother" I dried off my tears. "She hasn't answered my calls nor texts since I moved into the apartment. So I wanted to see her. But now that I'm here I don't know what to do. I'm scared"

"My poor child." She waited a few seconds. "Why don't you spend the next few days exploring a having some fun? Try to get your mind off everything that is worrying you at the moment and just live for a second.
Then, when you're ready, you just do it. Jump in head first and do what you have to do."

I giggled. "I'll do that"

"You must be tired, go to bed. And remember, I'm always just a phone call away. Remember that. Good night~"

"Good night" she ended the call right after. I was left in a bounce of my own thoughts, but strangely, I felt lighter.

(⁎⁍̴̆Ɛ⁍̴̆⁎)

The sun shone through a small rift in the curtain, shining directly in my eye. I groaned slightly, not wanting to wake up.
I sat up in the bed and unlocked my phone. I opened Instagram and clicked on Visit Jeju's profile to see if there was something interesting happening on the big island today.

At 15:00 Stary Kids will be holding an outdoors mini-concert in the town all at the east end of Jeju Island. Tickets can be bought at WWW.VisistJejuIsland.com.

I tapped on the link and tried to find any spare tickets, but unfortunately, it was all sold out. Many I can still meet up and see if I can see it anyways.

I dragged down the lock screen to see that the clock had almost reached one in the afternoon.
After throwing on a t-shirt I ran down to the reception and rented my room for another week.

Grabbing my tote bag I filled it with the things I thought I needed for the day: walking, water bottle, sunscreen, power bank, and tampons. The sun warmed my pale skin as I walked towards the bus. It was finally December.

After the short bus ride, I finally arrive at the town hall. As expected it was filled with people who crowded around the now empty stage.
Though there were mostly girls here, I could see a variety of people.
With my headphones on I headed to a nearby cafe to get myself some breakfast.

The bell rang above the door as I walked in. The fresh smell of new baked goods and new brewed coffee filled the air with a bitter-sweet aroma.
I walked up to the line, waiting for my turn to order.

"Welcome to Magic Island, what can I get for you today?"

Magic Island? Do they have a location here?

"Em... one iced mocha with soy milk and croissant with ham and cheese"

The employee tapped in my order. "Your total will be eleven dollars, please place your card here" She tapped in something on the machine and turned it towards me so that I should place my card.
The marching then printed a small note with my order number on it. The young girl handed me the note.

A few minutes went by before I was handed my order laced up in a small paper bag. I held it in my hands as I walked outside and took a seating by one of the tables in the shadows.