12. plus more.

it was the weekend, and it was cold

This ice skating outing that yūgure was preparing herself for scared her.

She stood in the front of that mirror, and to her, her eyes were about ready to pop out of her eye sockets.

She really tried, tried so hard, to doll herself but all she saw was smudges of black and pink and - she looked too pale for her natural biscoff toned skin.

Her foster mother's makeup did not suit her.

" Are you ready? You're going to be late. " her foster mothers soft voice rang out from behind the door, but when yūgure looked down at her attire with wide anxious eyes, an inhumane croak came from her throat.

" Haru, I don't think I can do this. " she said through the door, and worry immediately filled the said woman's body.

Well, what was wrong?
Haru wasn't stupid, she could see that even though yūgure was getting better, she still felt strong emotion.

A teen couldn't get over something so serious like that so quickly.

" What is it? Do you need help? "
the baby she held cooed softly into her neck.

"I- I don't know. I don't know what to wear or how to use these. "

she opened the door to reveal the teen with just a large shirt draped over her form and streaks of black under her brown golden eyes.

" is that my makeup? " haru asked warily.

It wasn't the fact that yūgure took her makeup without her knowing, it was the fact that she knew nothing about it.

" yes— and i'm sorry for taking it but— i— i've never done this before. ” yūgure exhaled slowly, watching as haru shifted her small baby to rest on her hip.

“ no, it's alright. don't worry about it, honey. just make sure to give me a heads up next time, okay? ”

yūgure nods with downcast eyes, and haru used her free hand to rub the shorter girl's shoulder.

“ Alright, let's do this. ”

━━━━━━━━

where do I go?
what route do i take?

can i even do this?
i don't know how to skate, i bet other people don't know, or most of them do so i'll be a liability.

she stood still at the train station until her heart beat out of her chest, until sweat beaded on her hairline, until she was gripped by a cold hand that wouldn't let her go.

but yūgure only shook her head slightly and walked through the opening doors of the subway train.

she would not let these thoughts and voices control her.
not today, when she was to meet up with her friends.