I am grateful for her heart, but…

I glanced at the woman outside the door.

“By the way, hasn’t it been a while since the Marquis and his mother’s position was decided? Why is she coming to see me now?”

Cisen closed her eyes tightly and answered.

“…She had been there from the very day after her brother’s fate was decided.”

“Every day since then…?”

It has been five days.

It was not the time for a young lady with such status to come and visit me, despite being rejected every day.

I was surprised, and Cisen hesitantly added.

“She wouldn’t go back, and kept standing there like that…”

I was terrified.

“She hasn’t eaten or washed up for five days…?”

Cisen hesitated and nodded her head as an answer.

Crazy.

This is crazy!

How can she let it go without telling me that she had seen her like this for five days?!

This girl must have a grudge against me now! If she dies of starvation and becomes a ghost and clings to me, will Cisen take responsibility?

My shell, the arrogant Princess Angelica, completely went on strike, and the 21st-century Korean citizenry inside me began to assert itself violently.

“…Allow her in.”

“Your Majesty the Empress!”

“I told you to let her in.”

“She is a woman whom we don’t know what she has to say. You must preserve your dignity.”

“What if she’s going to starve to death like this? Do you intend to clean up her body in front of the Empress’s Palace if that happens?”

With that logic, even Cisen had nothing to say.

To be honest, starving in front of the Empress’s Palace and waiting for my permission to attend… The noble maiden, who died of starvation, would seem to have a somewhat unlucky effect on the future of the Empress.

Unable to do anything, Cisen glanced at the woman outside.

“…After I clean her clothes, I will guide her to Your Highness.”

The gazes of the maids, as if they did not understand my intentions, were clinging to the back of my head.

Yes…

I also don’t know what to do next as well.

* * *
The audience room of the Empress Palace.

Even though it was smaller than the Emperor’s audience room, there were similar red carpets and seats here.

It was the first time I’m using this place.

I sat down on the left with a little bit of embarrassment. Even though it was lower and smaller than that of the Imperial Palace, you can look down on everything. How high is the throne?

‘I sat down on the throne then, though I couldn’t remember the height.’

About a minute after I sat on the left, Cisebn sent Marquis Jacques’ younger sister in.

My first impression after seeing her closely…

‘Ah, God Actilla…’

Crazy. She’s so pretty.