"Sure, let me just grab some trunks from home then," Abel said and rose to his feet. "Wanna come?" he asked me.

"Uh, sure!" My voice broke. I had feared this. Dreaded it. The inevitable time where we'd go swimming and I'd be sitting by the water, refusing to go in because going in meant taking my shirt off.

I could feel Abel's eyes on me, even from behind his aviators but I dodged his gaze. I just wanted to be normal and maybe no one would ask me to swim. I could maybe just sit with my feet in the water.

Abel drove us to his place so he could grab his trunks and when we were back in the car, he turned to me, putting his hand on the backrest of my seat

"If you feel uncomfortable, just like, send me a sign and I'll bail you out in any way I can. Even if I gotta drop my trunks and flash everyone."

I snorted and smiled at him. "Thanks. I appreciate it. But I'm thinking of actually just being honest. These people are really good friends and like... Maybe honesty is the way to go."

He softened and nodded. "Yeah, I agree."

We drove off and met up with our friends by the lake. It was ridiculously pretty here. The mountains encased the valley, the lake spread out over the landscape, and it was if the sun was looking at its own reflection in the water, casting long rays that made the lake look more golden than deep blue.

There was even a natural beach with a small promenade, and we had the entire space to ourselves. This was probably one of the last days we could do this, due to the weather already getting colder. But it was perfect that day. The sun was still keeping the last of its warmth before it left for the autumn and winter. Watching the seasons change here was already becoming a favourite thing of mine.

I sat on the beach on a blanket brought by Fred, watching them as they undressed. Both Fred and Creek had their swimwear under their regular clothes. Abel hadn't been as clever and stood with a towel around his waist. It was about to fall down when I stood up and grabbed it, holding it so he could change comfortably.

"No peeking," he murmured and dropped his boxers.

"I promise no such thing."

"You've seen it all before."

"Not in this lighting." I winked at him before dropping my gaze downwards. He chuckled and got his trunks on, unfortunately covering up the goods.

"I'm definitely owed a show at home." He bent down and kissed me, making me drop the towel and putting my hands on his waist.

"Oh, come on, already!" Fred yelled out, clearly annoyed having to wait.

Abel placed another kiss on my mouth, then stepped back and put his hands on his hips. "You better relax, missy, or I won't be blowing up the beach ball."

"You will though, right?" Creek asked as he slipped his sweats down, exposing a pair of white trunks with red love hearts on it. Like a cartoon character. I couldn't remember ever seeing them in other colours than black or navy blue, but it looked good on them. A big contrast to their dark skin.