•Chapter Four•

Harry makes good on his promise to text Louis stupid memes and funny photos throughout the day.

It never goes past a few random quick chats. Harry will text Louis that there's a woman on the train the looks just like Danny Devito.

He then immediately texts to say the woman caught him taking a photo of her and made him delete it before he could send it to Louis.

Louis will send Harry photos of random sea creatures. Usually the strangest looking ones then tell him that it reminded him of Harry.

They're becoming friends, and it's nice. The banter between them is good, and Louis finds himself smiling brightly anytime he sees Harry's name flash up on his message screen.

It's the night of Harry's birthday drinks and even though his birthday was two days ago, he's milking it for everything he can.

"Niall can you get me another drink since it's my birthday?" Harry slurs.

"Mate, I would have got you all the drinks you wanted on Wednesday. You know, your actual birthday?" Niall teases and Harry pouts.

"Liiiaaam.." Harry whines from the place he's slouched on the couch.

Louis huffs a laugh as he watches the scene unfold from his place at the kitchen island.

Liam is too busy whispering something into Zayn's ear, and by the look on Zayn's face and the way his hands grip Liam's hips that bit tighter at the words, Louis is pretty sure neither of them are paying the slightest bit of attention to Harry.

"Ooh! Marty!" He calls next, spotting his boyfriend walk across the room towards the kitchen.

"Maaarrrtiiiin!" He whines drunkenly. Martin scoffs and turns to look at Harry.

"Harry, you know I hate that childish voice. Cut it out." He snaps without stopping, heading down the hallway without another word.

Louis watches with a frown as Harry pouts, a deep crease forming between his brows as he slides down deeper into the sofa.

Louis crosses the room, grabbing a bottle of water from the cooler on the counter and making his way to the birthday boy, sitting down beside him.

"Louis!" Harry says excitedly, leaning up and patting Louis' cheek.

"Hi love. Here." He opens the water bottle and hands it to Harry.

Harry's face lights up in a bright smile, looking at Louis like he had just hung the moon for him.

"How did you know I wanted a drink?" He asks softly. "How do you always know what I need?"

He sips the water and scrunches up his face.

"This is water.." He says, frustrated and Louis just laughs.

"Yes darling. Drink it up." Louis presses his finger to the bottom of the bottle and tilts it to Harry's mouth for him to finish.

Harry reluctantly obliges and downs the entire bottle, burping loudly once he's done. His hand slapping over his mouth as he giggles into his palm.

He tosses the empty bottle towards the coffee table, missing entirely and slides down into the sofa, head falling to Louis' shoulder.

"Best party ever?" Louis asks, running his fingers through Harry's long hair attempting to untangle it. There's something sticky at the ends so Louis gives up and scratches at his scalp instead. Harry yawns again and shrugs.

"It's alright. Martin organised it so it's a lot of his friends and they tend to not really enjoy hanging out with me cos I'm so much younger than they are. I think I embarrass him or something." He hiccups and Louis doesn't like that at all.