"Don't do this, it's already hard enough."

"What's hard? I thought we had gotten through the hardest part or were you lying about that too?"

"You're one to talk about lying. That's the reason we're here, I don't trust you. That's why I can't stay here lying to myself as if you didn't hurt me. You lied, and yes I've gotten to know you a bit better but I can never trust you again. I second guess everything you do or say, I sit and wonder what's true and what's not. How am I supposed to believe anything that comes from your mouth?"

"What happened to understanding me?"

"I understand why you did what you did but I still can't just accept it as if it didn't happen. I understand it but it wasn't right."

"Then you don't understand anything. If you did you'd be staying."

"I tried Shuri, I really did."

"Well, you should've told me We'll try to make it work instead of promising we'll make it work. I'll have your things on the royal Talon by the time you make it to the mound. I'll have Ayo and Aneka take you back to Infinity." She wipes her mouth with her napkin and throws entirely too much money onto the table.

"Wait, this is it? No fighting for me, for us?" I thought she'd have some interjection to me leaving. Give me some reason to stay.

"What do you want from me Rue? I gave you what you asked for and it still wasn't enough. You still don't trust me. I can't force you to stay with me Rue, that's something you have to want to do."

"So you aren't coming back to Infinity?" I lower my tone.

"For what? Just to be haunted by your presence?"

"We can still work this out and have a friendship. This doesn't have to be goodbye."

"If you're going home we have nothing else to talk about Angel." She stands up, tucks her chair in, and walks out.

My dam had enough pressure, I broke down crying in the restaurant. Before I knew it I was in Simon's truck going home without her.

Rue

"I could still yank your arm off and beat you with it for not letting Simon throw you a party for your 21st. You just didn't do anything." Lottie says randomly.

We were at the campus cafe studying. We're taking the long way to the dorm because Lottie wants to kill some time.

"I didn't want to do anything. I did binge Living Single with India though. It was much needed." I chuckle. She and I made up, she's not mad at me for the bedroom debacle. We aren't together and she respects everything I do outside of us being together and vice versa. It's healthy and I'm happy.

"I'm serious, let's go on a trip." She fiends.

"That was almost a month ago Lottie drop it." I decided against going to Vegas with India because it wasn't something I wanted to do. To be fair I just wanted to stay at home and block out the world and that's exactly what we did.

"We could still go on a trip though, just you and I. Away from all the Infinity bullshit."

"It sounds nice but maybe after finals?"

"I'm holding you to it." She loops my arm and hers.

"Simons at the basketball court, we should go say hi." She looks over to the court. I see two figures playing.

"Yeah, why not. I don't have to meet India for another hour or so."

"What're you two doing tonight?"

"She wants to go get some dinner in town, nothing crazy."