Losing Her Was Blue

I STILL HAVEN'T HEARD FROM YOU GUYS ON WETHER YOU WANT ME TO HAVE ASEQUEL OR NOT! THIS STORY IS CLOSER TO THE END AND IF NO ONE TELLS ME THAT YOU WANT A SEQUEL THEN I CANT START WRITING! SO PLEASEEEEE LET ME KNOW OK?

BTW THIS IS KIND OF A FILLER CHAPTER BC I WANTED TO GET A NEW UPDATE SINCE MY LACK OF UPDATES BECAUSE OF NEW YORK (3 DAYS GUYS I JUST) ANYWAYS THIS IS A LITTLE DIFFERENT THAN MOST CHAPTERS, WE'LL LEARN MORE ABOUT CLAUDIA'S PAST AND THE REAL REASON WHY SHE NEVER TALKED TO KEATON IN THE PAST. HOPE YOU ENJOY IT!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KEATON'S P.O.V (SHOCKER)

As soon as the lunch bell rung, I was the first person to run out of the door, ran through to the front office and put my ID card on a machine that put me on the record for those students who went out of campus for lunch. In a matter of seconds I was already in my car, backing out of the parking spot I'd parked in earlier that morning. I sped through the busy streets of Huntington. The sun set up high in the sky, and seagulls were flying here and there. I blasted an Emblem3, the name of our band, song through the speakers of the car. I've always wondered if professional artists listen to their own music. Pulling out of my thoughts, I parked in Noah's driveway. I shut the door behind me and started rining the doorbell right away. Suddenly, an annoyed Noah opened the show yanking my hand away from the doorbell.

"Ring that shit one more time, and I'll pound you"

"OK, OK, sorry"

"Come in" he said as he shut the door behind me. 

"Do you have it?!??!" 

"CALM. THE - FUCK- DOWN JEEESUS" he yelled 

"Okaaay I'm sorryy"

"Why do you need this so urgently anyways?"

"Let's just say I was a bitch to Claudia and I need to make it up to her"

"Oh yeah dude how the hell did you find out?"

"Acacia"

"ACA WHAT"

"Did you just quote Pitch Perfect"

"Do not change the subject here!"

"Okay sorry again, anyways yes she got me to turn against Claudia and I was an asshole"

"Well no wonder she locked herself in her room last night and all I heard were sobs and her muttering how much she hates her life over and over again"

"Damn I really screwed up this time"

"I don't know whatever it is you told her, but you better not hurt my sister like that again, or the next time you get to go in the water, it will be in your lungs"

"No need to worry on that one again"

"Better keep it like that Stromberg" 

We walked into the living room and he handed me her journal. It wasn't anything over the top, with glitter and whatever bunch of crap girls usually put on their "journals". Hers was a delicate vintage looking journal, covered in a red velvety floral pattern in the front. I admired it while holding it in my hands.

"She got it a few summers ago at a vintage thrift shop in London. She takes that thing everywhere. It's her most prized posession, by the way, I bookmarked the page with the song lyrics"

"Thanks man. Can I ask you something?"

"Sure, ask away"

"Why was Claudia so shy back home?"

"Hold on I'll be right back" and he stormed upstairs. I was left clueless sitting on the couch. A few moments later he came back with what looked like a couple of yearbooks in his hand. 

"These are Claudia's yearbooks from 6th to 8th grade" he said motioning to the yearbooks. He opened it and a bunch of little faces were on the page. I recognized myself amost right away, but I didn't see Claudia. 

"Which one is she?"

"This would be little Claudia" he pointed to a little girl with Brown hair at the level of her shoulders. She had piercing green eyes and a dashing smile with a few crooked teeth, I guess this was before she had braces. 

"Her best friend was a girl named Abbie."

"Wait a minute! Abbie McDougal?! I dated that girl for like a week"

"That one. Claudia and Abbie used to be best friends, until the end of 6th gradem when Claudia might have mentioned she had a little crush on you. So Abbie completely shut her out. She began spreading nasty rumors that Claudia tried her best to ignore, yet she was too cruel to my sister. So when she dated you, she made sure she knew that if she spoke to you or anyone else, everyone would know that she liked you. Every year since then, she wrote rude comments on her yearbook signature pages. Every year at the end of school, Claudia would come home crying and I'd stay with her watching movies and eating ice cream, instead of going to the stupid parties everyone threw. She went from nerd with braces and glasses, to what she is today."

"No wonder she never told me about Sequim. I feel like such a douche, I should've listened to her before I let Acacia wrap her stupid story around me. I need to head back to school man, but thank you so much for the help."

"No problem. Just don't hurt her again, or you'll regret even looking at her that first time"

"It's okay, I won't let myself screw it up again"

--------

I got back to school with a good 20 minutes to spare, so I took a stop in the music room to shuffle through some of her lyrics. The music room was deserted, which was in my favor. I stopped when I found this one song that I thought I saw my name in. The first words before the title said:

"To Keaton. Maybe you'll never get to listen to this song, but these are my fears. Maybe you won't talk to me again after I tell you the truth. But I still have this song to remember whatever it is we have. I love you"

Forget songs about mean girls and curls, this is the song that I needed. It's perfect, just like her. This is when my plan came into action. I knew exactly what I was going to do to win her back.

*************************************************************************************************************

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO HAPPEN!?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS AND NOT TO BE DEMANDING BUT I WANT AT LEAST 5 VOTES ON THIS SO I CAN POST THE NEXT CHAPTER OKAY? ANY GUESSES ON WHAT SONG IT IS?!?! HEHEHEHHEHE UNTIL NEXT TIME!

- CAMILA