\\.A SAVE.//

The endless sea was now one with me, all up in my clothes piercing my skin with its icy feel as I struggled to keep swimming.
The waves of the storm beat against me. Surely I was going to drown.

"There he is!" A microphone blared just before helicopter searchlights fell on me. Maybe I wouldn't drown, maybe I'll be shot dead first.

Suddenly loud whistling sounds filled the air and explosion noises followed. I shut my eyes and delved under for a few seconds. Took them long enough.

Helicopter parts splashed into the sea. I forced myself to look up through the water for any projectile that may be falling in my direction. And indeed there was one flaming wicked blade of a chopper descending upon me. With frantic swimming, I propelled myself away. The blade splashed with momentum and I could feel the push of the water.

Oxygen! I swam to the surface, taking in a rush of air. Beyond my dripping hair that partially veiled my line of vision, I saw the blue streamlined spacecraft diving towards me. I tried to find my voice and when the spacecraft was barely a stone's throw away, I managed to utter the teleportation command. "Access, EPSILON."

Immediately, I was onboard in the teleportation chamber. Never had I been so relieved to see its bright blue glow. Heavy pants escaped me as it slid open with a hiss. I tried to step down but my muscles gave in and I was toppling over but a pair of arms caught me before I met the floor.

"Agent Epsilon," her voice was full of worry. "Are you okay?"

It pained me that I was too tired to roll my eyes. "What do you think?" I shivered.

"D!" she called out. "Where's the blanket?"

"Don't rush me!" Agent Delta's voice sounded closer with every word. Then a thick furry blanket wrapped around me. "My, my, Agent Epsilon." His small lips threatened to burst from grinning. "I thought you strictly prohibited us from nearing the edge of the world. Then all of a sudden you're squirming for backup from that exact location." Then he feigned a long face. "If you ask me, that's not leading by example."

"I hate you..." My teeth chattered from the cold. "More than I hate Flat Earth."

Agent Delta folded his arms as he looked down at me. "You hate Flat Earth on your first day of arrival? Weren't you the one that said 'This might be our greatest adventure yet'?"

"D, give him a break." Agent Theta gently touched my forehead with the back of her palm. I eased at the sight of her curly honey-brown hair flowing freely over her shoulders. It complimented her light brown eyes and tanned skin. "Yeah, you'll definitely need some rest."

"I'll..." I forced myself up. "Crash in the cabin for a bit. Where are we headed next?"

"The missions have clearly been sabotaged," Agent Delta's eyes scanned my dripping form as if to say 'judging by this'. He scratched his black low-cut hair with a finger. "Guess we've got to dimension-jump to check on the rest of the crew."