17 - No Regrets, Only Happiness

It had been a couple of days since the night spent with Chris. He left for New York early this morning and we were now officially apart. I had been over to check on Dodger and drop my stuff off since I was staying. Chris told me everything I needed to know about the house and where everything was for Dodger. It was pretty easy and he even said his mom or his brother Scott would be stopping by to make sure I had everything under control.

I was arriving to work that day, working on the day shift. A couple nurses said hi as I was getting ready at the computer looking up some things from the night before when Nancy walked up to me.

"Hey, do you think we could talk for a minute? In my office?" Nancy asked and I nodded as I got up and we headed down the hall and walked into her office. She let me go in first and then she shut the door.

"Is everything okay? Did I do something wrong?" I asked and she sighed sitting behind her desk as I sat across from her.

"How are you doing Geneva?" Nancy asked and I was confused by this conversation already.

"I'm doing fine. Everything is going great." I said and she nodded. She just nodded and then looked at me and folded her hands on her desk and got a very serious look.

"That have something to do with the very handsome movie star you're seeing?" Nancy said and I couldn't hide the blush on my cheeks and I just sighed.

"It does." I said and she smiled and then sighed.

"You now I love having you work here and the patients love you." Nancy said and I nodded.

"And I love working here." I said and she sighed.

"It's just that some of the patients families have noticed you work here and they have been voicing their concerns about you being here and you being watched and followed like you are." Nancy said and I sighed.

"I promise you that my relationship is not going to interfere with my work." I said and she sighed.

"It already has Geneva. We have people having pictures taken when they are trying to get pictures of you. I just think that maybe right now a leave of absence might be good for everyone until all of this dies down." Nancy said and I just looked at her.

"What?!" I asked in shock.

"I don't want to do this Geneva but we have had complaints and we respect the privacy of our patients and their families..." Nancy said.

"I know that and I will do what I can to try and get it to die down..." I said and she shook her head.

"We arent firing you Geneva, just a little down time, time away." Nancy said and I groaned and put my head in my hands.

"Nancy please..." I begged and she sighed.

"Geneva, you still have your job and I'm working out to get you some kind of pay while we give you this time off but just until things die down with you and Chris Evans we think it would be smart for you to take a leave of absence." She said and I just sat in shock. I looked down at my hands in my map.

"I mean if you think it's for the best for everyone involved..." I trailed off and then stood up.

"I'm so sorry Geneva." Nancy said and I walked out of her office. I quicky gathered my stuff and rushed out of the nursing home. I noticed some people watching me and I knew they were looking to get pictures. I got to my car and quickly drove to Chris's house. I just wanted to be left alone but I also wanted to call Chris. Once I got to his house I walked in and let Dodger out in the yard to run around. I sat down and pulled out my cellphone.

GENEVA: Can you talk?

I waited for an answer, if I was even going to get one. Soon my phone buzzed in my hand but it was a facetime and I forced a small smile as I answered.

"Hey." I said and he could see a problem.

"What's going on?" Chris asked and then noticed I was home. "Why arent you at work?"

"Nancy called me into her office the minute I got there. She said that me being with you is causing somewhat of a disturbance with patients and their families with people following me to get a picture of whatever and told me a leave of absence would be good for everyone." I said and Chris sighed.

"Oh Eva..." Chris said.

"Yeah she said she is going to try and get me money and pay but once you and I die down we will discuss me coming back." I said and Chris groaned.

"What do you need me to do? What do you need Megan to do?" Chris asked and I shook my head.

"Nothing Chris, there is nothing anyone can do." I said and he sighed. He then looked at my face as I wasn't looking at the screen but out in the distance.

"What are you thinking?" Chris asked and I just shrugged.

"Wondering what to do now..." I said and he looked panicked. I saw him get up from where he was sitting and walk to somewhere private.

"Geneva, you arent thinking giving up on us are you?" Chris asked and I shook my head.

"No Chris never! Just finding any work for me is going to be hard...I love working but its not going to be an option right now." I said and Chris sighed.

"Listen, I will be home in a few days and we will sit and talk then about what all of this means." Chris said and I smiled at him.

"I miss you." I said.

"I miss you too." Chris said as he walked back to where he had been.

"Is that her?!" I heard a voice ask. She had a thick accent and Chris put Ana De Armas in the camera frame with him.

"Geneva meet Ana." Chris said and I smiled.

"Nice to meet you!" I said trying not to fangirl over her.

"Nice to meet you as well. Chris hasn't shut up about you since we met up for breakfast. It's so nice seeing him happy again." Ana said and I smiled.

"Well he makes me just as happy." I said.

Chris looked at nodded and I knew they were getting ready to do another interview.

"Listen I have to get back to work. I will call you tonight and like I said we will figure this out when I get home." Chris said and I smiled.

"Sounds good." I said and then thought for a quick minute. "Chris?" I asked.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"I love you." I said and he smiled. I didn't think it would be able to wipe the grin from his face.

"I love you too." Chris said and I smiled. I blew him a kiss and hung up.

I took a big step in saying it but it felt right and I knew it was time. No regrets, just happiness.