Rafe stepped back looking down at the brunette finally walking away from her, she kept her eyes on him until he left the beach club when Sofia approached handing her the bag of food. Caroline's breathing increased rapidly and her body heated up, feeling her hands and legs start shaking. walking out of the beach club racing to car she got in tossing the bag onto the seat besides her.

her hands started to shake more as her body went numb, she shut her eyes taking deep breaths counting to herself. she felt the tears stream down her cheeks as her breaths were shaken. she turned the air on as low as it could go until it was cold putting her hands in front of the air vent while she continued to count trying to remember what JJ would do to help her.

she pretended her hand was on the water thinking about the waves using one of her five senses. hearing JJ's voice in her head she did everything he'd had told her before.

after a few minutes her body started to calm down as did she, Caroline opened her eyes leaning back into the seat taking slow deep breaths. she sniffled wiping her eyes reaching for her water bottle taking small and slow sips.

"fuck."

__

"hey, can you close tonight?" Zachery asked his daughter who was staring out the window keeping an eye on Rafe who was out on the boat in the marina with Barry.

"Ace?"

Caroline turned around seeing her father with a confused look on his face, "everything okay?" he asked.

"yeah. yeah, everything's fine. what was it you needed?" Caroline walked away from the window.

"can you close? mom and i need to head to the mainland for a few hours for a meeting." he says watching his daughter walk around the room.

"yeah, no problem."

"you sure you're okay? you seem a little spooked."

Caroline faked a smile nodding at her father, "i'm good, dad. just a little tired. the couch wasn't that comfortable to sleep on last night."

"get some sleep tonight. we'll be back tomorrow before Mike and Anna's party and Matty's staying at a friends." Zachery kissed the top of her head and left.

Caroline let out a sigh once the door closed looking out the window again seeing Rafe walking with Barry talking.

__

Caroline hadn't left the animal hospital, she stayed in the same room all day until she closed and sat on the chair still staring out the window when she heard the back door open. quickly jumping up from her seat she grabbed the baseball bat she ran out to buy earlier in the day slowly walking to the door as footsteps approached. as soon as the door opened Caroline lifted her arms getting ready to swing the bat when Kiara walked in and screamed making Caroline scream as well.

"Ace! what the hell!? why do you have a bat?" Kiara yelled jumping back.

"me!? what are you doing here?!" Caroline yelled setting the bat down.

"my mom told me to come get you since you're staying at ours tonight." Kie tells her friend who leaned against the desk.

"i am?"