18: ᵗᵃˢᵗᵉˢ ᵒᶠ ʷⁱⁿᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ᶜʰᵉʳʳʸ

☁️ ·̩͙✧C H A P T E R  E I G H T E E N

☁️ ·̩͙✧
C H A P T E R  E I G H T E E N

2 YEARS AGO

MEVANYA WALKED fervently through the halls of Dragonstone. Spring had come at last, and she had always felt a particular adoration for that time of year, so it was at those times that she was most excited to visit Dragonstone and fly off into the sunset with Lucerys. For that very reason, she was on her way at that very moment to look for the boy.

"Luke! There you are, I've been looking all over for you... Luke? Is everything all right?" When she finally found the boy, he was in the company of his brother and Rhaena, Mevanya approached them, but when she was close to Lucerys, she saw his red nose and teary eyes.
"Nya, I'm so sorry, I'm not feeling very well today."

Her smile changed to a worried face, a cold seemed to be what was affecting the poor Velaryon's health. That fall with Arrax into the water was probably the reason.

"Oh, Luke, you have nothing to apologise for, you should rest," she took the boy's hand and squeezed it gently, her thumb tracing circles on the back of it and smiling at him with pity.
"I'm sorry, Mevanya," the boy looked truly sorry, which only made the Targaryen's heart grow fonder.
"Oh, Luke, don't worry, you rest, okay? I don't want to see you sick anymore, we'll go another day."
"No, no, it's spring, and you love flying in spring, I can't go, but my brother can."
"Your brother what?" Questioned Jacaerys, clinging unnoticed.
"Yeah, yeah, you two go, I wouldn't want you to have to waste this day because of me."
"Luke, don't..."
"I insist. Jace, you insist too," Luke looked at his brother, and when Jacaerys gave him an incredulous look, the younger boy began to cough until his brother gave in and bowed to his poor sick little brother.

Jacaerys sighed and rolled his eyes unseen by Mevanya. Oh, when Lucerys recovered, he would pay for it.

"Yes, I insist, Mevanya," not at all convincingly, so Luke coughed once more. "I really do."
"Uhm, if you don't mind."
"No, not at all, I've got nothing better to do anyway," another deeper, exaggerated cough from Luke. "I mean, it would be my pleasure. If I may."
"Ok, that's fine, thanks."

Luke smiled triumphantly, but when Jacaerys turned to look at him, he removed his smile immediately and pretended to be wiping his nose.

"Come on, I'll take you to rest," Rhaena smiled, grabbing Lucerys by the arm.
"I'm sorry again, Nya," the boy smiled ruefully.
"Lucerys..." Mevanya warned the boy with an eyebrow raised, having already told him he had nothing to apologise for.
"Okay, okay, sorry, no, sorry, no, I...ugh, bye," he turned away before he could apologise further.

Mevanya laughed softly shaking her head, forgetting for a second that Jace was there until the boy cleared his throat. She turned around with a slight blush on her face, but she hid it well with a smile as she began to walk away so she didn't have to face him.