12: ⁱⁿ ᵇˡᵒᵒᵈ ʸᵒᵘ ʷⁱˡˡ ᵇᵃᵗʰ

☁️ ·̩͙✧C H A P T E R  T W E L V E

☁️ ·̩͙✧
C H A P T E R  T W E L V E

WHEN AEMOND entered his betrothed's room, it was destroyed. For a moment, he desperately looked around for Mevanya, and his heart stilled when he saw her in a ball on the floor, her eyes khol smeared, her cheeks and nose red, and her gaze completely lost.
He swallowed dryly, and walked over to her, past the broken glass, the flowers on the ground, and everything else that had met a destructive fate.

"Nya..."

Mevanya raised her head as if she had barely noticed anyone was there. When Aemond saw her up close, his stomach turned. Her bloodshot eyes seemed oblivious to life, instead, a troubling darkness took the place of what had once been the most unique glow in the 7 realms.

"Mevanya..." he knelt beside her, searching for words and finding only silence.

Mevanya looked away, her movements hardly human.

"Mevanya I... I'm sorry."
"For which of your sins, Aemond?" She didn't even sound like herself, her voice, now dark and husky, sent shivers down the boy's spine. When she looked at him again with those inhuman eyes, he gritted his teeth, not knowing what to answer. "For which of your lies?"
"For everything, I'm sorry. I had no idea, I never meant to...."
"Excuses, excuses, excuses. I'm out of breath for more excuses. You'd better go, Aemond, you've got nothing better to give me than your excuses."
"Mevanya that's not..."
Get out!" The loud shout took him so unawares that he went backwards.

The eyes that looked so lost before were now two orbs of dark fire. They almost seemed to carry promises of ash and destruction.

"Go away! Go away, go away, go away, go away, go away!" First it came his way dirt from the flowers that were destroyed next to her, then books, and then whatever objects were within her reach, hurling them at her betrothed in fury as she screamed over and over again.

When he finally made it out of the room, he sighed at the sight of his mother's tearful face. When she heard the guttural scream coming from the room, she turned around and wept silently. Her son took her by the shoulders, and guided her away from the room.

"She needs time. You'd better not come in until she calms down."

But Alicent wasn't sure that were to be possible. Her daughter, her beloved daughter. The most beautiful flower, the brightest light, the purest jewel, she had watched it wither, fade, break hours ago, and she wasn't sure she would ever see the mesmerising violet in her eyes again.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

She had no exact idea how long she had been locked in her room. Daliah had come in a couple of times with trays of food and water, but Mevanya had barely taken a sip or even touched the food on either occasion. Her room was still as she had left it: destroyed. She had allowed no one but her lady to enter, the sheets were streaked with tears and blood from the times she had cut herself with the glass on the floor.