Eight

Jax and Sam walk in

Jax and Sam walk in. "Well, she remains a delight," Sam said, holding the door open as Jax walked past her. Tara sits up on her arms as she sees Jax. "You okay?" Tara asked, worried, which caused Jax to nod. "Yeah," Jax whispered, standing at the foot of the hospital bed. Tara nodded her head. "Um, would you mind giving us a second?" Sam asked, looking at Richie and Amber. "I need to talk to Tara," Sam added. Amber looked at Richie. "Come on, Netflix, let go," Amber said, giving a slight nod and walking out of the room. Jax gave a confused look at the nickname as Richie scoffed at it, getting up and following her out. Sam shut the door after Richie left, leaning against it for a second as Jax took the seat Richie was in before. Tara stares at Sam as she turns around. Sam crosses her arms. "Do you remember when dad left?" Sam asked. "Oh, that's how you're going to start it, okay?" Jax whispered to himself. Tara looked at Jax with a confused look before looking back at Sam and saying, "Parts sure. We were eight," Tara said, pointing toward her and Jax. "I don't know what that has to do with anything," Tara said. Jax looked at the ground and sighed. "It has to do with it," Sam said, cutting Tara off. Sam moves closer to the bed, standing at the foot of the bed. "Do you remember how?" Sam pauses. "Mom used to keep those boxes in the attic? Well, I was up there once when I was thirteen looking for Christmas presents, and I found these old diaries that she kept from high school," Sam said, looking at Tara. "Sam, what is this?" Tara went to say something but was cut off. "Please, I just I have to do this," Sam said nervously. "So I found these old diaries, and I knew it was wrong, but I read some anyways because mom got pregnant with me in high school, and I thought it could be cool to find out how she and dad got together and how romantic it must have been." Sam paused for a breath. "So I read some, but it wasn't romantic." Sam shook her head.

"Mom was dating dad, but," Sam said, looking at Jax, who gave her a nod and got her to continue. "She was in love with this other guy, and he got her pregnant. She told dad it was his, and that's why he proposed her senior year." Sam said, "Sam, what are you talking about?" Tara asked Sam, who ignored her. "I'm sitting there in the attic, and I'm 13, and I just found out my dad isn't my dad," Sam said, causing Tara to have a surprised look. She looked at Jax, who didn't look surprised at all, and then back at Sam. "So I go find mom in her room, and I'm screaming at her and shoving this diary in her fax, and I didn't even realize that dad and Jax were standing right behind me," Sam said. Tara looked at Jax with a hurt look, finding out that her twin brother knew this but didn't tell her. "He didn't know," Sam said, bringing Tara's attention from Jax to Sam. "He found out right then from me," Sam said, nodding her head and holding back tears. "He left that night, and I'm the reason he left," Sam said. Jax started shaking his head. He never blamed her for dad's leaving; he always blamed mom for that. It was her fault. She lied to Dad the whole time. "No, no, Sam." Tara started saying something, also knowing it was her fault, but Sam cut in. "Mom never forgave me, then she made me and Jax promise never to tell you because you were so young and" Sam said, moving to sit next to Tara. "And that's why I changed and got distant and weird with you and Jax." Sam said he was sitting down. "And I went out and I started doing every drug that I could get my hands on until I couldn't take it anymore, and I just left town. I just couldn't be around you guys anymore," Sam said, looking back and forth at Jax and Tara.

"Not only because I destroyed our family that night, but because those diaries told me who my real father was," Sam said, now only looking at Tara since Jax already knew who Sam's real father was. Tara's eye grew wide a little. "It was Billy Loomis, and somebody knows, and that's why I think you got hurt, and I'm so fucking sorry that I never told you and that I ran away. I'm so sorry," Sam said as a tear ran down her face. Jax gently put his hand on Sam's arm, rubbing it and letting her know that he was here for her no matter what. Jax looked at Tara, not really knowing what she was going to say. "Get out," Tara said after a few seconds of looking at Sam. Jax removed his hand. "Tara," Sam said. "You've been gone for five years, five whole years, and then I get stabbed, and you want to come back, and you want to drop all this shit on me?" Tara asked, "No, I swear, I thought I was protecting you," Sam said as Jax started rubbing his thumb on his index finger. "Protecting me from what?" Tara asked. Sam and Tara stared at each other. "That truth?" tara asked quietly. Sam said, stuttering. "Sam," Tara said. "Please, tara," Sam said, pleading as tears fell down. Jax didn't know what to do or say last time he went to say something because his mom threw a beer bottle at him, so he tries to stay out of stuff. Sam, I need you to get the fuck out," Tara said. "I'm so sorry." Sam apologized again. "Sam," Tara said with an annoyed tone, "please." Sam begged, "Get the fuck out!" Tara yelled at Sam, but Jax jumped a little. Sam stared at Tara for a second before letting out a breath, getting up, and leaving the room. Jax felt guilty; he didn't stand up for Sam, but he didn't know what to do.

Tara watches as Sam leaves the room before turning towards Jax, who looks at her. "You knew?" Tara asks angrily. Jax didn't say anything; he just nodded his head. "I'm sorry, but mom wanted—" Jax started, but Tara cut him off. "When do you care what mom wants?" Tara said. "I was eight; what was I supposed to do, huh?" Jax asked, standing up. "Mom couldn't even look me in the eyes after dad left. Do you know how ashamed I was to keep this secret from you?" Jax said he had tears in his eyes. "You're having fun with dad one minute, then the next minute he's gone because mom lied to him. Mom blames me and Sam for her mistakes. I was eight, Tara, eight." Jax ranted, finally looking at Tara. "Get out," Tara whispered. She needed space. Jax wipes his tears "Fine," Jax said, nodding his head and walking out of the room past Richie and Sam. Sam called out to Jax, but there was no use; he ignored them, taking the elevator and leaving the hospital, going to his motorcycle, turning it on, and speeding away.

~~~*
The fact I was listening to Matilda by Harry Styles and Family Line by Conan Gray while writing this chapter kind of made me sad.

I hope you enjoyed the eighth chapter of my Scream fanfic. I hope everyone has a good day and night.

 I hope everyone has a good day and night