"It wasn't once. It was multiple times and if you "slip up" one more time you're fired. I suggest you go back to your tables and give those nice, paying customers their food."

I heard him mumble something under his breath but I didn't care enough to ask him to repeat what he said.

I'm so ready to clock out.

_+_+_+_

I got home an hour later than I was supposed to. There was a small altercation between Catalina and a customer. I'm not sure how it started but I do know that Cat beat that girl's ass. I had Steph fill out the incident report because I was ready to go.

Instead of having two hours to get ready, I had one. And just as predicted JJ was home when I got there. He was sitting on the couch watching basketball highlights.

"You going on a date with your girlfriend?" He asked, not bothering to look away from the television.

"Excuse me?" I had to make sure I heard him correctly.

"Salem; your girlfriend. You're going on a date with her?" He repeated.

"Who told you that?" I asked.

My anxiety began increasing after every word he said.

"Doesn't matter," He shrugged, "Is she aware we fucked not even thirty-six hours before she asked you out? I'm sure she's not which is why I'm going to let her know when she gets here. What you're doing is fucked up, mama."

"Jason, please. Don't do this." I pleaded.

"Do what? Let your girlfriend know you're fucking another person that's not her? Somebody needs to tell her."

I bet it was Fin who said something. He never could keep his mouth shut. This isn't his fault though. This is on me.

We began going back and forth for a while. We only stopped because the doorbell rang. I knew it was Salem which did not help the situation I'm currently in.

JJ hopped off the couch and ran over to the door. Like I said; it was Salem. Things were about to go downhill.

"Hello, Jason," Salem smiled, "Is Harlow ready?"

"Nope," He laughed, "She was too busy arguing with me."

"What were y'all arguing about?"

I gave him one last pleading look. It didn't work. He turned and gave me a smirk.

I'm done for. No more Salem.

"The fact that she's fucking me. Still. Y'all have been together how long? A week and some change? Sad. Can't even keep her legs closed."

I could see her smile falter from where I stood. She looked past him to look at me and when we made eye contact her eyes began to water.

"You're not denying it." She whispered, "Were you gonna tell me?"

"I-" I couldn't even speak.

"Fuck you, Harlow." Her voice cracked.

She turned on her heels and went back to her car.

"Salem, please! Let me explain." I called, chasing after her.

She sped off so I wasn't able to catch up with her. I sadly walked back in the house.

My eyes welled up, full of burning tears.

"Look what you did Jason!" I cried, "Are you happy now?"

"Happy? No. I'm pretty satisfied though."

I called it; life was going too well. How am I supposed to fix this?

1142 words

A/n: I'm kinda fucking with JJ this chapter. He did the right thing (as he should) Harlow needs to get her act because there's no way she thought Salem wasn't going to find out about her whorish activities. RIP to Halem 😔🙏🏾💔
-Mj