Referring to them as your friend rather than your significant other 💙

Start from the beginning

 "You.. You talk about me?" Mitsuri's cheeks flush as her hands come up to cover her face, "Oooh..! I hope it wasn't anything bad.."

Bf/n chuckles, "Don't worry. I've only heard good things and they seem to all be true." They outstretch their hands to her again, "It's nice to meet you, Kanroji. I'm Bf/n L/n. This idiot's best friend."

 "Hey!"

Shinobu Kocho

 "I didn't know friends scream each other's names and touch each other like we do." Shinobu says. Your friend gasps at this, their face flushing red which coincidentally matches your face perfectly.

 "Shinobu!" You yelp out, face hot from embarrassment. Shinobu tilts her head, looking at you with sly confusion on her face.

 "Hm? What's with the red face, Y/n? Did I say something wrong?" She says, chuckling to no one in particular as you sputter and struggle to regain your composure.

Sanemi Shinazugawa

 "Friend? So I'm your friend now, huh?" Sanemi grumbles. You groan.

 "I told you already, I was just kidding earlier. Will you let it go already?" You ask. If you knew such a small prank would get to him like this, you would've been less inclined to do it.

Sanemi huffs, "Why should I? Because we're friends?"

You let out another, more exasperated groan as you faceplant into the pillow, "Ugh! I told you I was just kidding! It was a fucking joke!"

You hear Sanemi click his tongue, "Well the joke wasn't fucking funny.."

After a while of silence, you lift your head up, "C'mere."

 "Why? Is it--"

 "Stop being a smartass for a second and come here." You cut off. Sanemi shoots you a narrowed look but complies and walks over to the guest bed you're laying on.

As soon as he's close enough, you pull him down and into your arms, quickly wrapping your arms around him as his head falls into your chest.

 "What are you--" As he lifts his head up, you bring your hand up and place your finger against his lips.

 "Shh! Just be quiet and let me make up for earlier with cuddles and head pats.."

Kyojuro Rengoku

 "Did I do something to offend you in any way?" Kyojuro suddenly asked as he watched you ( brush your hair/braid your hair/remove your makeup ) in the mirror. He was sitting on the guest bed your master had graciously provided the two of you.

 "Hm?" You hummed. Now looking at him through the reflection of the mirror, "What're you talking about?"

 "Earlier when you introduced me to your master you called me your best friend instead of your significant other or boyfriend." He explained, "I don't mind being referred to as your best friend. It's an honor really, but it made me wonder why you introduced me like that. Have I done something to make you think I'm undeserving of the title of being your lover?"

You halt. You had completely forgotten about your little prank and to be honest, you didn't expect Kyojuro to still be thinking about it. After all, he didn't show any sign of catching on earlier hence why you gave up on it and came clean to your master after Kyojuro left to wash off.

 "Kyo.." You mumble, guilt clouding your heart at the realization that your teasing may have hurt his feelings, "You didn't do anything wrong. I pulled what I thought was an innocent prank. Hurting you was never my intent."