Chapter 12: The Legs

Zacznij od początku

It had to be some sort of prominent family if the Boss was wanting her to massacre a family. But the more she stated at the list the more she realized this was the final test of her boss. He wanted to be sure that the reason she hadn't killed Yukimi was because of the agency. Not because she was unwilling to carry out his demands.

Which meant she had to kill this family.

Otherwise she would have to answer the questions Dazai had asked of her for so long. She almost wished she was different, that she could choose Akutagawa over everyone else. He deserved someone who would and yet she knew that he would never be that for her.

A flash of a smirk and radiant chocolate eyes appear in her head. She sucked in a breath shaking her head trying to get rid of the offending image. It stayed in the forefront of her mind and for a moment she allowed herself to think about that annoying weasel.  A small smile worked its way onto her face. He had started looking for her a while ago.

She was shocked when she first had heard about him trying to track her. Yes, she had asked him to do such and yet a part of her never believed he actually would. She certainly couldn't trust the man while she worked at the mafia. But maybe one day, if there ever came a time where they weren't on opposite sides.

Just maybe she could find it in herself to truly, irrevocably trust Dazai Osamu.

She had managed to stay outside of the man's grasp, most of the times just barely. She had walked past him approximately twelve times now. He was getting closer every day, though she doubted he knew that. She also knew that Atsushi and another agency member was monitoring her kills.

She had yet to learn the man's name, however, with study she found that he held a pair of glasses in high regard and that he had an affinity for sweets. She only learned these things through study from far away. So, she was never close enough to learn the man's name.

"I'm coming home, Akutagawa-Chan, Shortie." Keomi muttered under her breath as realized who her targets were this time. The father of the family was running against another official that the mafia had up their sleeve for major of their fine city. Not only that but he was leading in most of the polls.

He had a wife and three children which ranged in ages from six months old to seven years old. The middle child being three years old. For a moment Keomi paused wondering if it was all really worth it. She could probably join the agency, if Dazai's constant questions were anything to say about the matter.

Keomi let out a small sigh, there was no sense in burning bridges quite yet. This would stain her soul red, but she needed to keep those she cared for safe.

Which meant that Shizuka Keomi needed to lay the ground work. Find out what makes the Kuta's tick and their routine. Their schedule. Would she attack when they were together or apart. When she swallowed it felt as if a lump was in her throat constricting her. She closed her eyes trying to imagine Yukimi safe and sound with the agency. That's what mattered.

"I'm sorry Kuta." She looked at the list one last time bidding them a farewell and then putting the list back inside her pocket. First, she would have to throw the mutts off of her trail like she had been all month long. Another body would drop, one that the boss hadn't told her to kill.

Along with the original seventy she had killed, Keomi had killed ten more to cover her tracks.

In another part of the city the mafia was preparing for something, even though no one know what that something was. All anybody knew, was that the boss was calling everyone to be ready to receive their orders. The Boss and the executives were the only ones who knew what they were on the cusp of. The Boss had ordered them to not reveal anything nor to take matters into their own hands.