Meeting Old Friends

Alec went to their bedroom and saw Magnus asleep on the bed, with Rafe in his arms. They were both in a  deep sleep, cozily wrapped in a blanket. Alec felt bad for waking up Magnus, but things were getting very unbelievable. He was still shocked by the fact one of his own ancestors showed up in front of him, claiming he was lost.

Alec walked across the room and sat beside Magnus.

"Magnus, wake up. There's someone you have to meet" Alec whispered in Magnus's ear, shaking him slightly and softly.

"Alec... you're back" Magnus replied sleepily

"Yes, and we have a visitor."

"A visitor? Alec, you brought visitors at what..." Magnus said, still sleepily, squinting at the clock " 11.30 at night? Wasn't the last 2 days of sleepless work enough? You should rest. We both should. And the kids-"

"I know, I know that Magnus,  but trust me. This is important. And...impossible. you are the only person who can make sense of this. Please get up for a few minutes and come to the living room."

When Magnus kept staring at Alec in an odd yet sleepy look, Alec continued. "I don't know how to explain. There is someone here. Someone who shouldn't be"

Magnus looked alarmed, "Is there some threat? Is it someone –"

"No, not a threat but .. uh, just come with me. See for yourself and tell me please,  how it's possible "

"Ugh, whoever this is I'm going to ask them to return tomorrow." Magnus slowly woke up put on a robe over his night pajamas and followed Alec to the living area, eyes half closed- half asleep.

Will sat on a cushioned chair, looking at the latest modern designs. He thought the new interior designs were failures and could never beat the old London architectural designs.

Yet, it gave a feeling of a safe place, a home, someplace familiar. There were toys around, and Will wondered why in the angel's name, someone as old as Magnus might need them.

He was sleepy, but he needed someone to talk to, someone he knew,  someone familiar.

A few minutes later, Alec came back, with another figure following him, taller than Alec with short dark hair and sleepy eyes, wearing a robe in a dark shade of maroon and some weird footwear. It took him a few seconds until his memory and eyes did the equation and finally did the calculation and recognized the person in front of him.

"Magnus! Thank the angel, I have always been more than happy to see you Magnus, but this.. this is the happiest I have ever been to see you!" Will stood up, feeling a thrill of energy throughout his body and relief washing his fears. "...even though you look a bit, different"

Magnus kept staring at him the same way everyone else did. It felt strange for Will, to see Magnus trying to focus his own memory. He expected Magnus to recognize him, and remember him.

"What..how..this is impossible "Magnus whispered mostly to himself.

"I know, Magnus. This whole trip is quite unimaginable. I need your help, Magnus. Very desperately than I have ever needed."

"Will. How. How did you get here? Is this really you? Are you a demon — no, then you can't come through my wards. But how–"

"I was very much expecting you'd have an answer for that, Magnus "

Magnus walked towards Will, grabbed his shoulders, and shook him slowly.

"You are real. Really alive and here."

"I am"

"Impossible"

He kept staring and Will, the eyes the same shade as Alec's.

"Oh, good lord. I think I won't get any sleep tonight either, thanks to you. Well, that's all I've been missing. Another Herondale to deal with" Magnus sighed and sat on his favorite chair. "We should sit here and talk now. How did you get here, what happened. Everything. Everything that you can remember" he turned to Alec, who was blankly staring at them both. "You should get some rest, Alexander.  I'll talk to him and try.. to get some sense of this situation. "

Alec glanced at Will, and then at Magnus again. "Are you sure? I'm not sleepy,  I can stay –"

"I'll be fine. and no dumping sleep you've been doing that too often now. besides Will won't try to murder me and if he did, I am perfectly capable of handling him. I'll be fine."

Will stared at Magnus with surprise "Murder? Magnus! why in the name of Angel would I murder you? You are my dearest friend do you understand how relieved I am to see y-"

"yes yes I know I was joking. Now Will. Quit the drama and cut to the business shall we?" Magnus said as Alec left for the bedroom, tired or more confused about the impossible possibility.

"Tell me. Tell me your whole story of what when and how"