40. Steps To Hell

Start from the beginning

But obviously, you didn't see Jungkook like that. He was your lover and Nam Joo was a friendly neighbour. Someone who you used to play with. Who'd seen you in your crazy stance. crying and wailing form. In all kinds of embarrassing situations, you could even recollect.

He was nice. A perfect-looking guy. Too mature. A little funny, but he was too much. Not suited to you. Can't even imagine yourself with him.

"Yeah," you reply to your mom, thinking you don't have to do anything. You could just have a mature conversation with him and this was done. Kinda nice since you already know him. Almost at peace. He'd listen if you'd talk about it.

Nam Joo picks up a packet of shopping bags and hands it to your mom. Says, it's gifts from his parents, they've sent as an apology for not making it there. Your mom shrugs it off, thanks him and strolls towards you, takes you to him and makes you sit right next to him.

And you are screaming.

"Be good." She whispers before settling you down as if you were about to run away. Well, you'd prefer that option based on your mom fixing this date without your conscience, but you didn't want any drama. Wanted to sort this out maturely.

You sigh.

"Hey," Nam Joo whispers, bending forward only for you to hear. You tilt your head towards him, looking around and watching everyone slowly dispersing. You return your eyes to him and ask what's up.

Answers, he wants to go for a walk with you and this closed space with everyone ogling over him makes him a tad bit nervous.

Gets you to laugh. Receives a point for that. You were suffering too. Too much pressure lingering on your head.

So, you are out. Strolling around the backyard of your penthouse as Nam Joo picks out a chewing gum from his pocket asking if you want one. You kindly take one as he takes one for himself, too. Adds he has a pack of them in his pocket. Keeps them to chisel his perfect jaw.

You laugh again, and he grins. He wasn't bad. A funny guy has his charm and a handsome one at that. He had nice cards and could get any girl he could want. Good for him, you think.

Your rejection wouldn't take any toll on him, besides he looked like a nice guy. It will be easy for him to get anyone other than you. So, no regrets.

"So... how many years has it been, huh?" He starts, clasps his hands behind his back and walks side by side with you under the moonlight. The night was chilly. The sound of waves hitting the shore echoing around your house. It was nice.

It made you miss Jungkook. He would've loved the view. Could even snap a few photographs of you with his camera, making you do all sorts of poses. Eventually, to end up with a kiss all over your face.

So much of him to miss, but he's not here. So so bad for your heart. It was Jungkook sick.

"Seven, I suppose." He answers to the question he asked himself. You come out of your trance and pay attention to him. "Right, it's seven." You agree, look at the grass below under your feet brushing against your sandals, "And now you come back with this." You cringe internally. "Would have never imagined this to happen."

"Trust me, me neither." He scoffs, stops in his tracks, and bends down to pick up a fallen flower from the tree in the garden. "It's nice to come back, though." He stands up straight and twirls the flower in his fingers, admiring it.

You nod, "True." Watch him put the flower in his shirt's pocket and tap his pocket before smiling to himself. He catches you looking at his shirt's pocket. You realize he saw you, too.

Stand straight immediately and you slowly smile, "Oh- I just–was wondering what you were doing."

He shrugs, laughs it off and starts to walk again. "Aren't beautiful things hard to let go?" He says and you instantly relate. Catch up to him and nod, "Agreed, which also comes to this point..." You slowly let it out and he turns towards you, curious, "Hm?"