Chapter 1

Thump. Thump. Snip. The last few seams were in place. Finally after two gruelling months, Justin had finished his costume. It was his first one and he wanted to get everything to the last detail just right. From the half red cape to the intricate crosses on his chest. Justin was sure he'd be the most realistic Archer there.

This was all for Molecular Candy. It was an event for Cosplayers and anime fans for an entire weekend to chill, cosplay and just have a good time. It was just a few days away and Justin's excitement showed so signs of shortening. This was his first time going to such an event.

"Well its all or nothing. Ugh I hope they like it." Justin muttered to himself.

He carefully placed his costume on the shelf as he began cleaning the bits and pieces of cloth that lay amuck.

Tutuuuruuuu! Tutuuuruuuu! His phone had gone off.

"Hey Claire. What's up?"

"Are you ready for the big day?"

"Sort of. I just finished putting together my costume. But I'm still wondering how you managed to talk me into this" Justin said as he scratched he head.

"What are you talking about? You love anime, comics and all kinds of geeky things! Why wouldn't you want to come?"

"Yeah... But...." Justin trailed off.

The truth was he was nervous. It was his first time doing this. What if his costume wasn't good enough? What if he saw a way better cosplay of his character?

"Look Justin. I'm going through the exact same thing as you. I don't know if anyone will like my costume. But you know what? I like my costume. And besides we have bigger problems to deal with."

"Like what?"

"Figuring out how to graduate next year! Duh! Now back to the reason I called. I can't sleep! How do people sleep again? I am so excited for tomorrow that I can barely clothes my eyes!"

And with that Claire had calmed down Justin. She always knew the right thing to say sometimes.

"Hahahaha. I'm excited too Claire but remember tomorrow is just like any other day."

"Any other day?"

"Yes just a regular old weekend"

(PS. There's spacing issues. I can get one line break. Saving replaces it with two)