𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑.

you almost dropped the tub of ice cream as you spun around to face bakugou. he was leant against a wall just looking at your figure. the two of you just stared at each other, no words being exchanged.

the awkward silence was suffocating and you felt your chest tighten every second that passed by. bakugou was wearing a black tank top and sweatpants. he looked good, you had to admit. you just hoped you weren't blushing.

he pushed himself off the wall, taking a few steps to reduce the distance between you and him. he gently took your spoon and the ice cream that was in your hands before placing it back in the fridge.

you stood awkwardly, fiddling with your hands as the silence became heavier and heavier. you wished that mina would come back and save you from the awkward situation, but you knew she had left to leave the two of you alone.

your eyes were locked to your feet, refusing to look up. after a few more seconds, bakugou's feet came into view - his black socks contrasted from your white ones.

for the first time since he approached you, the silence was broken. "dumbass, can we talk?" his voice was desperate and strained. it sounded like he was upset.

"call me by my name and i might consider it." your gaze was still fixated on the ground. bakugou stayed silent for a moment. you had expected him to call you by your last name, so what he said next almost caused you to have a heart attack.

"please, f/n." the sound of your first name leaving his lips caused you to snap your head up. bakugou's cheeks were dusted red as his eyes were locked on yours. "let me explain." it felt as though your throat had closed up so all you could do was nod.

bakugou took a deep breath, looking around the kitchen area to make sure no one was around. "actually let's go to my dorm." you raised a brow. "i don't want any idiots disturbing us." you nodded again, still no words leaving your lips.

bakugou walked to the elevator as you followed behind him. once the two of you reached the elevator the awkwardness returned, although this time it was suffocating. finally the ding sound indicated that the painful elevator ride was over.

bakugou gestured his head to his dorm room as the two of you stepped out the elevator. he held the door open for you, closing it once the solitary walls of his dorm confined you both.

you sat on his bed as you faced him. "explain." you crossed your arms, furrowing your brows in frustration. "explain why you've ignored me for the past week."

"look f/n, im so sorry." his apology caught you off guard, but not as much as the pleading look in his eyes.

"bakugou.." he looked down at your figure on his bed. "why did you even offer to take care of me?" he approached you again, dropping to his knees in front of you as he grabbed your hands in his.

"ever since the beginning of our time in UA, you were always so happy and you spread that happiness to others. whenever someone was upset you never struggled to share your smile to them. your happiness was contagious." the sincerity of his voice made your cheeks heat up yet again as you looked at the ash blonde in front of him.

"it was good to see someone so kind when times got rough. and everytime you smiled at lunch or in class, i just - i felt calm. safe. you made me feel safe. i started waking up every day wanting to see you smile. you had a strength i didn't, and i admired you so much for that."