Introduction from Author

Hello all, I just wanted to say a few things before the story starts. All characters and events are completely fictitious and some things said in this story are not my beliefs. I'm just going by what the history books say. I am also an atheist so I don't follow any religion and lack a belief in the existence of a god. However, I DO believe all religions are beautiful and really cool. We should all respect each others's preferences.

This story was inspired by the painting below entitled La Jeune Martyre (English: The Young Martyr) by Paul Delaroche.

This painting represents both emphasis on historical accuracy and flair for drama and emotionality in painting as it depicts the historical martyrdom of a Christian woman, while, at the same time, an otherworldly halo, emanating above the Martyr's...

This painting represents both emphasis on historical accuracy and flair for drama and emotionality in painting as it depicts the historical martyrdom of a Christian woman, while, at the same time, an otherworldly halo, emanating above the Martyr's forehead, emphasizes the painting's dramatic, emotional effect.

In other words, it is a beautiful and severely underrated painting that shows the large impact lives had on Christians during the reign of Nero.

Enjoy the story. 💕💕💕