Chapter One: The Day I Gave Up

Gina~14~Math

Annah~15~Chess

Hollie~16~Basketball

Kloey~16

Jane~15

Annah and Hollie live close to each other so they are better friends.

Kloey is the oldest, so she likes to be the one in control.

___________________________________________

*Riinngg* *Riinngg*

I guess its time to go to class.

"She's out here," Gina, the youngest of the group and also Jane's step-sister, says as she's opening the door that leads out of the cafeteria hallway and to the back of the school.

Why do they have to bother me now? I'm kinda busy. Well, that's what they need to think.

"Hey, guys. I really just want to be alone. Okay?"

They don't get it of course and keep talking.

Kloey starts with, "So today we will be finalizing what groups we want to join. Annah, you're joining chess right?" (Annah nods and Kloey continues) "Gina, you decided to go with the math club correct?" (Gina nods as well and Kloey then continues again) "Hollie is joining the basketball team, and so that leaves me and Jane."

Yep, that leaves you and me.

"Well, Jane? You have to choose. Today is the last day you have to think about it."

I don't want to join a club or group or whatever. Just leave me alone.

"Yeah sure, I'll let you know after lunch. Okay?"

I know that's the only way I'll get them to leave me alone. Hollie chimes in that they will be late to class if they don't leave now, so they open the door to head in. No one thinks about seeing if I'm coming because they all know that my class is right inside the door. The only thing they don't know is that I won't be attending it today.

*RIINNGG* *RIINNGG*

Yep. I think I'll go to the library today. I went to Starbucks yesterday. Then maybe I'll go to the park tomorrow. Just as I was thinking to myself someone walks out the door.

"Hey. What's up?" This comes from a guy about 4 inches taller than me. He has brown hair and glasses on. I also noticed he was wearing a white shirt and blue jeans. I couldn't tell by his outfit whether he was a nerd or a prep. So while trying to decide on a response, he looks over at me and when he does....