Chapter 3

Serenity

After a long night at the restaurant, I immediately went home and rested. It was a long day and all I wanted is to get some sleep. But after what just happened, I couldn't stop thinking about it. I was tossing myself back and forth to tire myself. Thinking that what if that person who paid would show up in front of me and say "Hey you, pay up." All those thoughts flooded my brain and shortly I fell asleep.

The next morning

I woke up from daylight showering my eyes. 2 minutes before the alarm, dang it. Anyways, I rolled out from my bed and check my schedule for the day. No meetings, that's a first. I went over to the kitchen to see stocks, there aren't any. Too bad, I wanted to cook. Universe said otherwise. Nonetheless, it's fine with me. I want to go grocery shopping. But before that, I'll go do my routine first.

Aftermath of fixing my bed, I work out a bit by running around the village. 15 minutes has passed, I go back to the apartment and shower. The birds singing amuse me. It's angelic. Now, I pick a decent outfit and purse and went to the mall.

I have a list. But I'm sure I will buy more things that are not on the list. Too bad.

I arrive at my shopping complex, grab a cart then scan away. Grabbing fruits and vegetables at the first aisle then dairy. I followed what's on the list but I did put some that are not on that list. It's fine. This occurs sometimes, I deserve to shop. Okay, maybe new mugs are nonsense. But they were on sale! I need to calm down.

Gathering all the stuff I need, I went to the counter for check out and drove away. Organized my pantry away and disposed things that are unwanted. I cleaned the floors, the walls and the shelves. I feel like a brand new person. And it's very motivating when you have "Lover" playing on your speaker. You can't spell awesome without me.

Sanitizing the area. My apartment is so spotless. I think that it's finally clean. I did not mean that 1989 reference, or did I?

Currently it is 10 in the morning, I smooch over my work area and start the day ahead. I work on some emails and do promotions for my business. This sure is reaching it's peak. So it goes.

I really have to stop referencing Taylor. But I can't. I won't.

Time passed by and now it's 2 in the afternoon. I turned off my laptop and ordered pizza. You know, the classic. I know I have food, I'm lazy to cook. Maybe. Shortly, the pizza arrived and I dig in. It's a relaxing day and I'm not complaining... yet. Until I got a message from Saoirse.

Saoirse
Hey girl!

                               What's up?

So I heard that there is
a new café downtown.
Wanna check it out?

                             Today? What time?

6pm, love. I knew you
would agree. See ya!

                             You're paying, though.

Okay. SURE. As long
you come. Gotta go.
Bye, see ya! 😘

                            Love you.

😘😘😘

Serenity

Great. Another night out. What a busy week. But hey, atleast I am getting free food. I finish my food and prepared myself a bath. Stayed there until 4pm. Wish I could stay there forever. Should've, but couldn't.

My outfit for tonight consists of a beige dress and a scarf, in case it gets cold. I went to my car and drove away. I texted that I'm on my way. I am always on time, folks.

I arrived at the café and oh my, it is stunning. I went inside and saw my friends. Waiting for Saoirse. We order first and talked until they arrive.

Phoenix

She's here again.

Maybe it's meant to be, I mean. I see her everywhere. And I swear, it's not planned. I saw her jog. And I was hungry so I went to the grocery store.

She was there also.

This woman, I have a thinking she might be following me.

Who could resist a man like me? I am incredible. Not as incredible as her though. Her business? Marvellous. A business committed person like her turns all my buttons on.

"What are you thinking, bro?" Levi asks, entering my office.

"Have you ever heard of knocking. Buzz off, Levi." I reply

"Chill dude. I was just wondering if you would like to come with me to my fiancé's newly opened café. She would love us to come." He says, smiling.

Yes, Levi is engaged. To Pauline, had to chase her for 7 years until he marked her as his. What an inspiration to have a love like theirs.

"Sure. Why not, send my congratulations to her. What time do we go?" I ask.

"The opening is at 5, but we will go at 6 to avoid people traffic." He replies.

"Perfect then. Now get out." I scoff, he just laughs.

As I go over this woman, I gotta admit. She has me on her grip. There is no way I'm letting this go after that slap. She has some explaining to do. And I'm going to have that one way or another.

It's been years since I last fell in love. After that incident.

I never took love seriously after that, that is why I'm labeled as a womanizer. Who cares, though. I do what I want. I focus on my work instead.

6pm.

Phoenix

We enter the café, holding bouquets for Pauline. As a congratulatory gift to her. Many people arrived and flooded the place. Levi welcomed her with opened arms.

The place is flooded. Nice interior, nice ambiance and decorations.

"Good job, Pauline. Congratulations as well." I say

"Thank you, Phoenix. Please don't sleep with my customers yet, I beg. I don't want to lose my sales." She says

I laugh, "Can't promise to that, Pau. I'll try though."

As I scan the area, I notice a woman of her own habitat. A shimmering, dazzling and a delicate woman in beige. You are everywhere, aren't you?

I found you again. I won't let this evening slide, Serenity.

All rights reserved. Please read my disclaimer!
Written: June 21, 2023