『Chapter 2』

"You're like us..."

------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up and stretched with a groan, turning my alarm off. I laid there for a bit before finally getting up and getting ready for school. I had a small limp in my step, still sore from training and shrugged it off. I received a text from Miles asking if we could walk to class together. I agreed and grabbed my bags, heading out the door. I stopped in front of the dorms and waited for Miles. After a while the bell rang, indicating school was about to start and I decided to leave without him. As I walked to class I texted Miles, asking where he was as I was slightly irritated. He didn't respond and I put my phone away while bumping into someone again.

"Ah, I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention-" I was cut off by a hand placed on my shoulder. I looked at the hand and followed its arm up to the owner, seeing it was Miles. I felt my spidey senses go off and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion before opening my mouth to talk, only to be cut off again.

"Hey~"

"Um...hey?" The warning bell rang and I tried to move his hand off my shoulder only for it to get stuck to my hair. He tried to get his hand out and shook his hand, pulling my hair in the process.

"Ow- Miles, let go."

"I-I'm working on it..."

"Just calm down, what do you do to calm down?" He shook his hand more and started freaking out. I winced at the pain but held his shoulders firmly.

"Miles, look at me. I need you to calm down," He nodded and closed his eyes while softly humming to himself. I let go of his shoulders and watched as his hands got unstuck from my hair. He opened his eyes again and let out a sigh of relief. He started to apologize but got cut off by the security guard.

"Morales. I know you snuck out last night" I looked back at Miles and put my finger to my lips snickering softly before slipping off and leaving him to deal with the security guard. As I turned away and headed to class I heard Miles respond.

"Who's Morales?" I giggled to myself and entered my class a couple seconds before the bell rang.

Miles hadn't shown up for any classes and I was starting to worry. I grabbed my lunch and sat at an empty table near a window. A took a bite of my lunch and looked out the window thinking to myself, only to see Miles' hands stuck on a bird as he ran across the side of a building.

'Well... this'll be interesting'

I didn't see Miles the rest of the day but shrugged it off as I got ready to meet dad for our mission. I snuck out again and headed to the shed to meet up with him and change into my suit. We went over the plan one last time then headed over to Brooklyn tower.

Once we got there, we looked around the place. The collider hadn't been started yet and we still had some time to stop Kingpin. I could feel my phone vibrating in my pocket and tried to ignore it. It kept ringing and I let out a frustrated sigh before pulling it out and answering.

"Hello?"

"Y/n! I need your help..."

"Um...I'm kinda busy right now Miles."