~24: Where She Gets Him a Little Wet~

Start from the beginning

Suddenly I was being lifted off the ground and my back was pressed against the hood of my car. I was flat on my back and I stared up at Archer who was hovering over me, his face inches from mine. His hand clasped both of mine and he held them above my head against the windscreen.

My breath hitched when my eyes met his.

He shook his head slightly so droplets of water escaped his wet hair and rained over my face and neck. "There, now we're even." He crooned, leaning closer till his nose was almost brushing mine.

Warmth suddenly blossomed in my core and my toes curled.

"Want to know a secret?" Archer asked quietly, his gaze turbulent.

I could only swallow and nod.

"The parts to your car were shipped ages ago." His jaw worked. "I could have finished fixing your car last month. I was just putting it off because I was afraid once your car was fixed I wouldn't have an excuse to see you anymore." He said quietly.

A thousand different emotions churned inside me, longing to be the most prominent one.

"Archer," I whispered. "You don't need an excuse to see me."

I found my head tilting up on its own accord. Archer's eyes grew hooded as his gaze fixated on my mouth. 

"I want you so badly. " He breathed just as our lips brushed. . .

"What on earth!" A masculine voice shouted making us both jolt away from each other.

"Archer!" The voice bellowed angrily.

"Dad." Archer's shoulders heaved as he disentangled himself from me.

Archer had been leaning over me, shirtless.

I knew it looked bad.

I meekly stepped out from behind Archer's large frame. "Mr. Hasting's, this isn't what it looks like. I was cleaning the car and accidentally got Archer wet that's why . . ."

I was mentally cringing at how bad my explanation sounded. Even to my own ears, it sounded like the beginning of a badly scripted adult film.

Mr. Hasting's livid gaze was now fixated on me. His entire face had turned red at this point, I could see a vein in his forehead bulging. "What is she doing here?" He demanded, his accusing eyes finding his son's.

Archer's shoulders stiffened. "Her name is Fallon. I've told you this before"

"Why is she here?" Mr. Hastings repeated coldly, completely ignoring me.

"Because I want her here." Archer gritted out.

"He's fixing my car for me," I added softly, hoping it would clear things up a little.

For the first time, Mr. Hastings seemed to take notice of the red convertible parked in the middle of his garage. His lips curled in distaste, "What is this piece of garbage doing here in my garage?" He hissed.

A stab of hurt went through my chest at his words. This car had belonged to my parents. It was the only thing I had left that connected me to them.

Before I could say anything Archer intervened. "The only garbage here are the words coming out of your mouth." His voice was low.

I could see Mr. Hasting's eyes widen in shock before they narrowed into angry slits. "Who do you think you're talking to right now, boy? I am your father and you will respect me."

"You can't respect people who do dishonorable things" Archer let out a humorless chuckle. "Jordan was the one who taught me that. He made the mistake of leaving Shanaya because of you, even if if that made him miserable, but I'm not going to repeat history Dad. I'm not going to be miserable in order to satisfy your ego."

If Mr. Hastings was angry before, he was absolutely livid now.

"I told you before that you are not to be seen with this girl. But looking at how much she's led you astray, has made me realize that I've been too mild with my warning." His eyes flashed with barely contained rage. "You are to completely disassociate yourself from this girl and apologize for the disrespect you've shown me. Right now!" He ordered. "You can either do what I've told you or you can leave. This is my house, my word is the law. If you want to live here you respect me and you obey."

For a moment time seemed to stand still.

Archer just stood there facing his father, his hands clenching and unclenching, shoulder's heaving.

Then suddenly I felt his hand curl against mine.

He led me towards the car, helping me into the passenger seat before getting into the driver's seat himself.

"Archer, what are you doing?" I  breathed as soon as the shock had worn off.

"I'm doing what he told me." His turbulent eyes met mine.

"I'm leaving."