Troubled Man

We pulled up to the building where the man stood upon the ledge. People were swarmed, gawking up to the sky. There were cops cars everywhere; sirens blaring, people loosing their cool, and the news crews butting in. The three of us leaped out of the car immediately to join in on the action. I followed everyone else in staring at the sight. Even from the ground I could see the man trembling with fear, not sure if jumping would be the right decision.

"What are we going to do?" I questioned, squinting back at Murtaugh and Riggs.

"You are going to stay down here with Rog, and I will go up there to get him," Riggs butted in, pushing past me.

"Great. Now that guy will definitely want to jump off the building."

"Like you could do better!"

"I could and you know it!"

"Yeah okay. Rog, muzzle her please. I gotta go take care of this," Riggs answered as he took off to the stairs leading up to the roof. I lunged for him as he walked away but was pulled back by Roger.

"Roger, I'm going to kill him. I'm telling you!" I pulled my arms out of his grip and brushed my coat off.

"Give it time, Lyss. Just give it time."

"I'm telling you Rog, he's one insult away from me breaking my foot off in his ass."

Chuckling as he placed his hands on his hips, "I would pay good money to watch that."

"I think all of humanity would," I laughed, turning my focus back to the man on the ledge. I saw Riggs' head bobbing up and down as he glided toward the terrified man.

"Oh, he better not do what he did last time," Rog mumbled, not realizing I could hear him.

"What? W-what happened last time?"

"Er, he jumped off the building with him and the guy hand cuffed together."

"S-so you think he'll do it again?!"

"Yes. No. I don't kno--" Murtaugh froze, staring at the sky with his eyes greatly widened. I cocked my head back to find Riggs and the guy in mid-air plummeting to the safety cushion.

"FUCK! Is that what you were talking about?!"

"Yup..."

"That was quick!"

"Yeah..." Murtaugh's eyes remained wide as he got into running stance and took off toward Riggs. I ran my fingers nervously through my hair before following Murtaugh. He was hauling ass, pushing through anyone that got in his way. I followed close behind, trying to figure out if he was either pissed or worried about Riggs.

Please be pissed.

"GET OVER HERE!" Murtaugh shouted at Riggs, pointing at the ground beside him. The vanes in his neck were bulging out, and his eyes were at the maximum expansion. Riggs was laughing as the other cops unlocked the handcuffs that were locked on both him and the guy.

"C'mon Rog! What's the big idea?"

"SHH! RIGGS SHUT UP AND LET'S GO!" Murtaugh barked. I stood out of his way, wishing I had some popcorn.

"Rog c'mon!" Riggs looked beyond puzzled, which I didn't understand considering that this exact situation had happened before. And I'm assuming Rog was just as pissed then as he his right now.

"GET OVER HERE!" Murtaugh yelled again grabbing fistfuls of Riggs' jacket. I stood back feeling uncomfortable.

"What's do you want to hear man?! I got the job done!"

"Do you remember the conversation we had last time?!"

"Yes Rog! I do! I very much remember it! What? Are you trying to ask me again if I want to kill myself?! "

"No! I'm not! You crazy mother fucker, you just need to cut this shit out!"

"Well, I like living on the edge and doing things other people wouldn't! You of all people should know that!"

"Yes, I do know that! But you keep it up and you're gonna end up dead!"

"Yeah well, I'll take my chances," Riggs thrusted himself out of Murtaugh's grip and darted to the car. I watched as he walked away, wondering if there was something deep causing his insanity.

"That is one crazy son of bitch!" Rog breathed, looking at me, then waving me over as we made our way to the car.

"Yeah," I muttered, curious and uncomfortable with what had just happened. I walked slowly, trying to comprehend. I peered at Riggs as he sat in the passenger seat, staring off. I really began to wonder...

Fuck, I need to talk to Murtaugh.