Chapter 3

I shoot up and immediately check the time. I fell asleep for an hour. I couldn't help it laying with Archer and I know he's probably had a long day. I also know my friends will give me hell if I don't get to the common room. I slightly shake Archer. "I have to get to Slytherin. I love you", I say and he mumbles a response. I give him a quick kiss and prepare to sneak to the dungeons.

One of the good things about being friends with Fred and George is that I know how to sneak through the castle. Filch is never a problem for me. I can hear him coming and I know just where to hide. I am so close to Slytherin when I hear Filch's cat. I duck behind a pillar getting ready to make a run for it when Peeves appears next to me. "Bloody hell", I curse. Just my luck.

"Ooooh tell Filch I shall", Peeves laughs and starts gaining the attention of the cat. I seriously consider if I can outrun Filch, but he's closer to the door than I am. Mrs. Norris is now calling out for Filch. First day back and I'm going to be in trouble with Filch and my friends.

As if he could feel my stress, the Bloody Baron appears. He's always looked out for me and luckily he can keep Peeves under control. I give him a pleading look. "Peeves, go. Those Weasley twins left some dung bombs for you in the corridor" he says and Peeves takes off immediately. I can hear dung bombs going off and listen to Filch and his cat leaving. "Now get in the common room. You know it's past curfew", he says as he leaves.

"Thank you", I called out to him and rushed into the common room to see Pansy waiting for me. "I'm sorry I'm late, I hope you didn't miss me too much", I say winking at her.

"You already know I'm lost without you", she says back laughing. "Where've you been? The guys didn't want to wait anymore. Figured you'd spend the night with Archer". I can hear the teasing in her voice.

"Honestly he was asleep when I got there and I just meant to cuddle with him and fell asleep. I don't even know how after the train ride", I say.

"That's boring", Pansy literally deflates. After a second she speaks up again. "Have you guys been better since getting back together?"

The sight of serious Pansy takes me back a second, but I understand her worries. Archer had a lot going on and broke up with me. He realized his mistake and I forgave him. It's been a few months, but I know my friends are still concerned. "Yeah, we've been fine. I visited him a bunch over the break. I appreciate you looking out for me", I decided to say.

"Always bitch. I may not approve of everything you do, but I will always have your back. Just like how you'll have my back to go harass the boys in their room", she says with her evil smile.

"No way am I missing out on that", I say in response, smiling as well. We grab our wands and take off in a fit of giggles. We run up the stairs and when we get to their room we have to cover our mouths to remain quiet. This is one of the reasons I love Pansy. We both can't take things too seriously. We count on our fingers to three. On three, we burst into their room and all hell breaks loose. Pansy has magical glitter going literally everywhere. I charmed Matteo's record player to be blasting muggle music. As the boys try to grab their wands to stop me I am disarming them left and right. I look over to see Pansy still throwing glitter in all of the boys' things.

"Carrington, I'm giving you the chance to surrender nicely. This is going to be ugly for you if you don't. There's 4 of us and 2 of you", Theo says, staring at me and I see Blaise join him as Draco and Matteo flank Pansy.

"There's only four of you, you'll need more than that", I say with a smirk as I hex their shoes to stick to the ground. I turn to see Pansy has stunned Matteo and Draco. "On that note, I think it's time for us to leave", I say as I link arms with Pansy and run for it. We run down the stairs and make it to the common room when I feel two arms wrapped around me. I look over to see Matteo has Pansy.

"Put me down you barbarian", she yells, swinging and kicking madly. "Matteo I'm serious!"

"You may be able to out-charm me, but I am not letting go of you. I think we should share the wonderful mess you made", Matteo says carrying Pansy back up the stairs.

"Don't fight it, Care. We both know I'll get you every time", Theo says into my ear. I know he's serious so I don't fight him until I see what Draco and Blaise did. Pansy did a good enough job that the boys will find glitter for weeks. That didn't stop Draco and Blaise though. They rounded up a lot of the glitter into a pile on the floor. Pansy and I begin kicking and squirming as the boys hold us to them. "Sorry love but it's only fair", Theo says as they drop us into the glitter. In sync, Pansy and I grab them and pull them in with us.

Theo looks at Draco and Blaise. "Don't think you arseholes aren't doing this too", he says as we grab them and pull them into the glitter with us.

We sat like this for a while joking with each other. Eventually Pansy and I sneak out when they leave for the showers. They'll have fun cleaning that up. I laugh to myself at the thought. Pansy and I shower and then knock out after the excitement of today.