This was war

𝙿𝚘𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗, 𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚝𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚎, 𝙴𝚗𝚐𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚍
𝟷𝟶 : 𝟶𝟶 𝚊𝚖

The room had a chill that made Bellamy squirm; He never particularly enjoyed stiff places.

It was a room scarce in furniture, the only nice setting being the large bay window that overlooked the streets. The floor was slate grey and the walls dove.

Above the ceiling was made from polystyrene squares laid on a grid-like frame. All of it tasteful in a dull kind of way. Bell would've changed it if his boss didn't insist it would make people take them more seriously.

"Are you even listening to me right now?"

Said boss, Oliver , would ask, staring with that exact look Milly had. The one that would follow up with a scold, the one that usually made him feel guilty. And Bellamy would reply with a—

"Yes."

But he wasn't.

The light was too bright for his eyes after the darkening gloom of the night before. It was too taut, too tense. Bellamy found it abrasive, enough to perhaps bring on one of his migraines.

A large table adorned most of the space for which he sat. Hunched over it with his head in his hand, scrunching up his boyish features. Perhaps Dumbledore's letter was messing with his mind more than he initially thought it was.

Apparently the order needed help.

More men, to be exact.

But the war going in on in the wizarding world was the exact reason he'd chosen to raise Adeline away from it. If he were to entangle himself with it again, what could stop the death eaters from targeting him and his little girl?

What one had to keep in mind though, was that, back when Bellamy strayed away from the wizarding world, the attacks had been limited to magical streets and neighborhoods.

Now however, muggle streets had became a target too. Which put his daughter and a bunch of other innocent people, at risk.

Involving himself with the order could be just as dangerous though, and Bellamy was at an impasse.

He would never be able to live with himself if something were to happen to Addy—

Bellamy was suddenly snapped out of his thoughts when everyone in the office started frantically tucking in their weapons and grabbing their coats.

"Quickly, they're killing everyone!"

He heard his supervisor's voice yell.

Bellamy's heart raced as the urgency in the office grew palpable. He knew all too well what Oliver's words meant – another attack, and this time it hit close to home. Sherston, a peaceful neighborhood that was just a couple minutes away from his,

And it under siege by the masked men once again.

The thought of Adeline's safety consumed his mind as he swiftly snatched his coat and threw it over himself, ready for action.

Amidst the chaos, Bellamy dashed through the office, his gaze frantically scanning for Milly, a good friend of his who often picked up Adeline from the nursery for him.

Spotting her amidst the commotion, he approached her with urgency in his voice. "Milly, please," he pleaded, "Can you pick up Addy for me? I might not make it back in time."