prologue

𝙲𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚋𝚎, 𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚝𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚎, 𝙴𝚗𝚐𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚍
𝟾:𝟸𝟻 𝚊𝚖

In the early morning light, Bellamy slowly stirred from his peaceful slumber, only to be greeted by the joyful bouncing of his four-year-old daughter, Adeline.

"Daddy wake up! Wake up!"

Her tiny feet pattered on the floor as she jumped onto his bed, demanding breakfast with a gleeful giggle. Bellamy groaned sleepily, but couldn't resist the infectious energy of his little girl.

"Fine, fine." He chuckled , forcing himself to slide his cover off.

With a playful grin, he scooped Adeline into his arms and swung her gently before setting her down.

He shuffled towards the bathroom to freshen up, his daughter eagerly trailing behind. Adeline watched with wide eyes as her father went through his morning routine, mimicking his every move with delight.

"How do pancakes sound?" He asked, picking the little girl up.

"Awesome!" She screamed throwing her hands in the air.

Returning to the kitchen, Bellamy placed Addy on the countertop, ruffling her already messy hair before reaching for the ingredients, a mischievous smile on his face as he began making fluffy pancakes. Flour dusted the air as they laughed and playfully tossed ingredients back and forth, creating a mess together.

As the aroma of pancakes filled the room, Adeline's eyes sparkled with anticipation. She hopped off the counter and settled into her chair, eagerly awaiting her delicious breakfast.

As the they sizzled on the stove, a soft hum of background noise filled the kitchen, emanating from an old television set.

Sharp blue eyes pinned themselves on the screen.

"Breaking news: A wave of unexplainable supernatural attacks has struck the region, leaving residents in a state of terror. Masked individuals have been reportedly entering homes and carrying out brutal killings, seemingly at random. Authorities are baffled by the nature of these attacks, as victims appear to be defenseless against the unknown forces at play. Families are urged to remain vigilant and take necessary precautions to ensure their safety."

His expression stiffening, Bellamy reaches for the remote and switches off the TV.

Death eaters seemed to be getting even bolder lately. It was really concerning that the neighborhoods being targeted were getting closer to the one he lived in, each time.

Sensing her father's unease, Adeline walks over to him and reaches out to hold his hand. Bellamy's expression softens, and he gazes down at his daughter with a loving smile.

"Bad men?" She asked, her big eyes widening even more.

"Yeah, but hey, your dad is both a skilled officer and wizard. If anyone even thinks of messing with us, you know what'll happen?" He asked conspicuously, crouching down at eye level with Addy.

The little girl shook her head, staring at her dad in anticipation.

"Your dad will destroy them!" Bellamy laughed, catching Addy off guard with tickles, who screamed in delight and fell into a fit of giggles.

Soon after, Adeline was sitting at the table on her chair, which was taller than all the others so she could reach. Bellamy, still slightly flour-dusted, leaned against the counter, sipping his black coffee, relishing the moment of simple joy with his daughter.

But his tranquil morning took an unexpected turn as his gaze fell upon a letter perched on the windowsill, bearing the unmistakable Hogwarts seal.

Bellamy's heart skipped a beat, recognizing the sender instantly. Albus Dumbledore.