Winds of Change

Tw: eating disorder (implied, talked about)

Kai's p.o.v

Fuck... I really don't feel like eating again. I'm hungry... but I don't think I can eat without throwing up again.

"Kai! C'mon, we have to go get that mutant fish, remember? You can't be sleeping in or you'll miss breakfast!" Cole yells at me while looking in from my door. "Agh! Close the damn door Cole!" I yell, hiding my face incase he sees something that he isn't supposed to see. I hear the door close, and I cautiously remove the pillow I slapped over my face.

I get out of bed and check my appearance. Nothing looks suspicious, and my hair is still down after I washed it the previous night, so I put some gel in it to make it stand and I put my gi on. Ugh, I hate putting this stuff in my hair...

I start walking to the kitchen for breakfast. "Hey, Kai? Every time someone opens your door to wake you up, you always cover your head with your blanket or a pillow. May I ask why?" Cole asks me, as he joins me after he got something from his room. Why did you have to ask? I hate having to gel my hair, and I just want to be myself around you guys, but I can't...

"Oh, I don't like being seen with my hair down" I lie, and he smiles like he predicted my answer. "I thought so" he says, clearly believing my lie and we join the others for breakfast.

"Jay! I will kill you!" I hear Aiko scream.

"Did Jay eat the last chocolate waffle again?" Cole asks, and Nya just nods. "Idiot" I whisper, because Jay should know to never eat the last chocolate waffle unless Aiko has already had one.

"Can't eat breakfast again?" Aiko asks me as I sit down after getting some water. I nod, and just stare at my water.

"Kai, you really need to eat breakfast. Especially today, we have a giant fish to catch, and I'm not going to be the one to pull you out of the water when you pass out and fall" Jay says. "Wouldn't be the first time I've fallen from a height into the sea, if I do pass out" I say and finish my water before leaving to pack a few snacks if I have to, and can, eat.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

About two hours later, we're all on our dragons and trying to lure the mutant fish to protect the coastal village. Usually, Aiko comes with us and they sometimes take control of my fire dragon since they can't use theirs around the others, but they stayed back to help at the tea shop.

We fly around for a bit, keeping together so we can shout if anyone spots it. Zane gets some water in his system when Lloyd dodges a splash that I make with my dragon. Yes, we do still mess around on our missions, but having a bit of fun seems to help us focus when we need to.

Jay was the one to spot the Fangfish, and we started flying towards the boat where we planned to get it to. Cole and Jay then playfully insult each other by making statements about the Fangfish. Yeah, they're definitely best friends.

Lloyd then orders us to get into line formation, and Cole falls in behind me but we switch because he doesn't like being the most likely one to become hurt although we do get hurt in most missions in some way. but this is a mutated fish, I don't blame him for not wanting to have his dragon's tail getting bitten and him possibly getting eaten.

"Lloyd! It's right behind us!" I call out to him at the front of the line, and he veers to one side, and Zane to the other as we approach the boat. Jay and Cole also fly off in opposite directions like Lloyd and Zane did. I fly upwards, to make sure that the fish jumps after me, and lands on the boat how we planned it to. I jump down and help the sailor secure the Fangfish for the trip back to shore.