Chapter 15

Jace's POV

I felt like I was suffocating, the room suddenly felt small and hot, Raine was standing in front of me with a sad look on her face.

She knew I had seen it, she moved forward and tried to grab the journal but I moved it away from her.

"Tell me it's not true what I just read" my voice came out hoarse and she just made to take the journal

"Give it back Jace" she whispered out

"Raine, please tell me what's in here is a lie" I muttered and she just looked at me with a pained expression.

"Do you want it to be a lie"? She asked and I just breath out raking hands through my hair

"Oh God" I breath out, I was trembling, I had been doing a very stupid thing all this time.

I had been hurting her for nothing, she didn't deserve all I made her go through but she never spoke up.

"Jace, just give me the journal and I promise to explain everything to you" she whispered out her voice already trembling.

I didn't say anything, I just handed her the journal, while watching her keenly

I had been a fool

Four years ago

Raine had just got home from her fiance's place and she was beyond happy, she had all she ever wanted in life.

A caring and loving man to call hers and a promising future, she knew her parents never supported her relationship with Jace but she didn't really care, as long as she was happy with him.

She found her mother and father sitting in the living room all smiles, the sight was supposed to be a good one but it bothered her to her core because she knew her parents were not one to be like this unless something was going to happen.

Immediately her mom saw her, the woman was quick to rush to her and pull her in a hug

"Honey you're back, come sit with your dad and I" she said pulling Raine with her, Raine was still skeptical and of course worried that her parents had become caring overnight, so unusual of them.

She followed her mother regardless and was squashed in the tiny space between her mother and her father, she kept looking from her mother to her father trying to decipher why they were suddenly loving parents.

"Honey, we have good news for you" her mother finally spoke up, making her look at her with her brows raised.

"Tell her Stan" her mom prompted her father, he had never been one to talk much but today he was smiling too.

"A very huge business partner of mine came today and he offered us a good deal" he paused still smiling and looking at his daughter.

Okay maybe this wasn't so bad after all, Raine thought to herself before adjusting her sitting position

"He's ready to invest 15 million dollars into our company for your hand in marriage" her father blurted it out like it was a normal thing

Raine tensed up at the mention of marrying another man, she looked at her mom and the woman just confirmed with a smile and a nod of her head.

"Are you being serious right now? Mom, dad"? She looked at both of them and they just kept on smiling at her.

"Yes honey, he has a lot of money and he will take good care of you, plus he is offering a lot......" Sue cut her mother's rambling of by standing up