Breakin' My Heart🥀

Start from the beginning

"That's him calling like that?" Toya asked without taking her eyes off her MacBook.

"Yes... he's been texting and calling nonstop. Like at this point it's clearly not about a play date.."

"I told you dumb ass that but no. You were too caught up in being mad... now it's biting you in the ass.."

"Thank you for the encouragement, bestie." I said sarcastically to which she looked up and gave me an equally sarcastic smile back.

"I'm just being real. You brought this on yourself and I'm guessing Brandy still doesn't know" I shook my head no before letting out a sigh.

"I don't think it's worth saying anything at this point.." I shrugged.

"It may not be worth it now but if something else happens then what?"

"I don't know... " I sighed.

This was emotionally exhausting. I told her everything and not being able to tell her something that was really irritating me was slowly killing me.

I wanted to tell her everything that happened and confide in her about this annoying ass man but I couldn't.

Not without looking guilty or coming clean with everything. I thought this would've all blown over by now but I was unfortunately living the consequences of my own actions.

"You just need to block him and he'll get the hint eventually.."

"You don't think I did. He's gotten like three new numbers." I groaned.

"Damn, let me see the text.." she asked holding out her hand. I handed her the phone and she read through the text.

"Not, can we talk in person... I'm sorry if I did something wrong. Let me make it up to you.. he's delusional.. especially since you didn't send not one message." Toya said as she recited some of the messages and I nodded my head in agreement.

I heard the gate alarm go off and Toya handed me my phone back just as I heard the door open and close. Not too long after that Brandy was turning the corner with a large bouquet causing me to smile.

"For me?" I smiled.

"Yeah..." She said with a straight face as she placed them in front of me. "Hey sis.."

Toya said 'hey' back and then went back to her screen, effectively tuning us out.

"You shouldn't have... it's not even Wednesday.." I smiled.

"Exactly it's not Wednesday and I didn't.. They were at the mail box." She said and I locked eyes with Toya who was peaking at me over her laptop.

I swallowed as I took a look at the flowers. Now that I looked at them it was clear they weren't form her.

No matter what kind of flowers she got me she always made sure there was a single rose added to the arrangement. This one lacks that and it was honestly very dull to look at. Nothing like anything she would ever pick out.

"Who would've sent you flowers?" Brandy asked suddenly breaking through my thoughts.

"Yeah, Mo, who would send you flowers?" Toya instigated and I've never wanted to hit her more.

"I don't know.." I shrugged. "Is there a card.." I started looking through it before Brandy answered my question.

"Only one in the front that says 'to' and then your name.."

I turned the vase until I saw exactly what she was referring too. My stomach was in knots as I tried to come up with the an explanation as fast I could. I had a feeling who they were from but I obviously couldn't say that.