The Tale of Zuko

Fire Nation

Ten days before Sozin's Comet

It was hot, not surprising since they were living in the old Fire Lord's vacation home and while it was the end of summer, it was still the Fire Nation.

Sokka sat down on the stonestairs chumming an apple as he was watching his sister and Zuko sparring, a normal routine for the two after they made peace. 

He raised an eyebrow noticing quite sparks between the two, and he was not thinking about the ones that were coming from Zuko's firebending. Granted he did not really care about Katara's personal life, but considering the past between the two benders it was quite curious.

« Hey Sifu Hotman! » Aang's voice came from the house, as he ran out, a bit covered in dirt meaning that he had just finished his daily training with Toph.

Katara giggled as she heard Zuko's groan at the nickname that the young Avatar gave to him, between that, "Sparky" and "Jerkbender" it was a bit frustrating for Zuko, however she knew that he had grown fond of those inside jokes.

As she noticed that he got distracted, Katara hit with a water whip and Zuko fell flat on his face; Aang tried not to smile and gave out his hand, helping him to get up.

« Not fair ».

Katara grinned: « Oh sorry ... did not mean to hurt your feelings ». He did not reply, but a faint smile appeared on his face.

« So ... are two done? -Aang interrupted Katara's response- I think I'm a bit rusty when it comes to firebending, so maybe we can train ».

« Yes you are -Zuko crossed his arms- start with a set of hot squats ».

« Oh come on! ».

« You're the one who said wanted to train ».

Aang mumbled a bit but he did start to do what was told, as Zuko decided to take a small break while the Avatar was stretching. Suki handed him some coconut water as a refreshment.

« So -Toph was resting on the door frame of the entrance- ten days, uh? ». Eighth pairs of eyes sat on her (gratend she could not really see them), while Aang seemed to be distracted as he was finiship up his hot squats.

« What? ».

Suki raised an eyebrow and Sokka chimed in: « Can we not ... I dunno talk about it? ».

« Hey I'm only pointing out the fact Snoozle, it is not my fault that in ten days we may all die ».

« Jeez Toph thanks for the positive attitude » and the young earthbender just shrugged.

Truth to be told they all knew what was coming, it was obvious that fear was in their hearts as they did not know what the outcome would be.

Aang, as strong as he was, was still uncertain on whether he was going to kill Ozai and the Gaang knew.

As much they were aware of the fact they needed to do their best to stop the Fair Nation, or the Hundred Year War would have not ended until every person from every nation was wiped out.

At the same time, since they really had few days, they wanted to live them in the best ways, as long it was possible for them.

Preparing themselves was part of the routine as much as having a bit of fun, such as camping or when they went to see Ember Island's play--though that was terrible.