___________________________________

The Justice League founding members plus Zattana representing the League Dark, and of course Phantom, sit in a conference room in the hall of Justice, the official earth base. Most are making smalltalk with eachother while they wait for their guests to arrive.

Not Phantom though. He's too busy staving off a panic attack.

It's a strange sight for the League to see the usual animated king sit as if frozen in place. Even the usual breeze ruffling his hair seems to be absent.

While the members of the league know Phantom doesn't need to breath or have a heartbeat, not seeing any signs of life is unsettling non the less. For all intense and purposes it truely appears there's a corpse sitting with them. The worried glances are getting longer and more frequent.

Captain Marvel gently nudges Danny. "Hey Phantom, buddy breath. It's gonna be fine." He lays a comforting hand on his ghostly friends shoulder.

"No. If I don't breath they can't accuse me of faking it for sympathy."

GL "You highness, don't you think you're acting a little paranoid right now?"

"If anything I'm not paranoid enough. The motto of ghost hunters is shoot first ask questions never. They believe I manipulated all of you. That I'm pure evil. They're going to hurt you to get to me and then they're going to vivasect me oh achients-"

"Phantom." Batmans voice cuts through Dannies increasing panic. "We will not let anything happen to you. No one here believes you are non sentient or evil, and nothing they say or acuse you of will persuade us otherwise. Understood?"

Though Phantom nods in aweknoledgement he still mumbles; "ĉi tio os esti katastrofo ." and "Kial mi iam ajn konsent ĉi tiu?"

~

A booming voice echoes from the end of the hall.

"oh no not my- the Fentons." Dannies skin pales into a blue hue.

"Mads! They invited the ghost investigation ward too!" "Jack Fenton I'm a huge fan!" You already know? You recognize us?! Maddie! The GIW knows who we are!"

"How wonderful for you dear. I'm assuming word spread from last time we worked with your agengy."

"That is correct ma'am. Pleasure to be working with you again."

Phantom flinches with each footstep approaching. He freezes up yet looks ready to bolt at the smallest provacation.

The faint beeping of several devices going off can be heard through the walls. One of the agents state; "We have a signature." The door to the converence room opening feels like witnessing the beginning of a slow motion trainwreck to Danny. Knowing the devistation that will happen but being completely powerless to prevent it.

Then someone, probably one of his parents yells "Ghost!" and everything speeds up again.

A folley of shots is fired at him. Shit he needs to dodge not enough time to get away no room to dodge them all he needs to move Danny move-

Without a moment of hesitation Captain Marvel bodily throws himself in front of Phantom and takes the shots.

Thank the achients they're all weapons to hurt ghosts specifically and barely scratch the superpowered magical Marvel.

Man, Danny realy needs to do something nice for Billy soon to thank him. He's such a good friend.

The next to jump in action is Batman, followed closely by Wonder Woman and the Flash. They make quick work of disarming, and in Flashes case completely disassembling the weapons and tools on the spot.