He wore a sharp two-piece suit. White button-down, blue jacket, red and white striped tie. Handsome in all account; chiseled jaw, arrogant 5 o'clock shave, hair neat and swept back, just not my type.

Annoyed, I turn my back to him and pulled the fabric from between his meaty fingers. Then flashed a smile at the woman I had been talking with a few minutes before this guy decided to jump between us.

The woman was more my taste, I mean, really, women were my taste.

Bottle-blonde based on her brown eyebrows, tall, pale skin, hazel eyes and defined cheeks. Easily one of the cutest women I've had the pleasure of meeting. She wore a simple black dress with loose sleeves that stopped at her elbow and simple black Doc Martens finished her look.

"This is why I hate going to non-exclusive bars, too many—" the small glass swims into my vision, making my jaw clench with annoyance. I turn back to the man but keep my hand on the woman's hip, keeping my body between her and the guy. "Look man, I'm not interested. As you can see, I'm a little busy; so why don't you take your drink and yourself, and go find someone else to play your little game with."

Suddenly, I felt the woman lean closer to me, her hands on my cheek. "Yeah... We're a little... preoccupied." she husks before placing several kisses along the side of my neck. A soft giggle bubbles out of my companion's lips and it only made the slack-jawed expression all the more hilarious.

We both laughed boisterously as the man huffed, grumbling under his breath as he tucked tail and headed back to wherever hole he came from. Just as he leaves, he passes Batchi returning from the bathroom.

She sees our compromising position and raises a brow but the woman simply shrugs, pulling away from me. "Sorry about that." The woman says as she wipes the lipstick from my skin, "I hate cocky men. I just love to show them up."

Before I could answer, Batchi reaches us and pats my back, "When I told you to find someone to have fun with, I didn't mean right here in the club." She smirked before reaching a hand out to the woman, "I'm Batchi, you are?"

"Lauren." she answers before shaking the offered hand then turning to me with a shy expression, "This is going to sound so bad but I basically attacked you with my lips and I don't even know your name yet, you are?"

A soft laugh escapes me, "Althea."

Lauren mirrors the smile on my lips, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Althea. At least, properly."

A pleasure to properly meet you, Althea.

An image of brown hair, pinkish-white skin and beautiful, luscious full pink lips flashes in the back of my mind and I quickly shook my head clear. "You too." I say loudly over the sound of the thumping bass around us.

I notice her bottom lip slipping between bright white teeth, "Come on." she says before grabbing my hand and pulling me to the middle of the crowded dance floor.

There, in the thick of the music and haze of alcohol-fueled dancers, she doesn't talk, at least not with her lips. Her lithe body moves against mine in time with the music, grinding, bumping, gyrating until there was not a breath of air between us.