Vanessa grabbed a plate and put food on while grabbing an ice pack. "You can fix yourself a plate and when you're done, I want you ready for church, you hear me?" Amour nodded. Vanessa placed a quick kiss on Amour's forehead before heading upstairs.

She took a quick left up the steps walked into the bathroom grabbing a cloth. She walked to the first door after the bathroom before knocking on it. "Job? Breakfast." Vanessa opened the door and saw Job laying in bed, facing away from the door. "Five more minutes Mama, and I'll be up." Vanessa closed the door and put Job's breakfast on his nightstand. "Boy look at me, your sister already told me what happened." Job kissed his teeth before slowly turning around. His left eye was black and his eye was almost bloodshot red. He had small scratches around his hands and knuckles.

Vanessa sat on Job's bed with her arms folded and Job sat up. "Sit still." Vanessa placed the ice pack in the towel and put it near Job's eye. He hissed and Vanessa kissed her teeth. "Hurt, don't it?"

Job looked away and kept quiet. Vanessa turned his head towards her. "Now, have you lost your mind? What possessed you to fight last night?" Job sighed. "Mama, you know me and Jasper's cousin don't get along–"

"Well if y'all don't get along then why were you at Jasper's party?"

"Jasper is cool mama! You know that." Vanessa scoffed. "Cool enough to let you get your butt kicked by his cousin?" Job looked away again and stayed quiet a bit. Vanessa got off his bed and shook her head. "What we're y'all even fighting about?" Job looked at his mother. "Jasper and his cousin got into it about some money that was missing from Jasper's wallet. Jasper wanted me to help him escort his cousin out of the party because he was drunk and didn't even realize that his cousin had his the money in the couch. While we were showing him his way out, his cousin got mad at me because I told Jasper that the money was in the couch. Before we could even get him out the front door, he punched me. So, I stepped up to him and did what I had to do. I was just tryna help but–"

"That wasn't your place! This the second time that Jasper has gotten you into trouble, when are you gonna stop being his doormat?"

"Mama, you know Jasper don't get along with his cousin, I was just trying to help." Vanessa scoffed and looked away from Job. "It seems like you be helping that boy an awful lot."

Job sighed. "Ma, I know you upset, but I promise Jasper ain't like that. You know Jasper wouldn't dare put me in danger." Vanessa looked back at Job. "I just don't want you in no trouble, that's all." Job got out of bed and walked over to his mother, hugging her. "You don't have to worry Mama, I promise." Vanessa hugged him back and smiled. "Good." She pulled away and gave him a firm kiss on the cheek making him whine out of embarrassment. "Mama come on now, I'm too old for all that!"

"Oh please, you're never too old for love from me. Now, I want you downstairs and ready for church, alright?" Job sat on the bed and picked up his plate. "Yes, ma'am." Vanessa walked out his room before going back downstairs in the kitchen.

Ruben stepped out her bathroom and put on her heels. She opened her jewelry box and looked through it. "That's odd..." Ruben looked in her dresser and nightstand drawers. She scratched her head in confusion and frustration. She looked through her jewelry box again before hitting slamming it down on her dresser and stomping into Sasha's room. "Where are they?"

Sasha looked at her sister through her vanity mirror while she was doing her makeup. "Where is what?" Ruben scoffed. "Don't play fucking stupid, where are my earrings?"