A Surprise Worth Remembering Forever

Note: Just something I was itching to write in celebration of Father's Day. No prompts from songs this time!

Please be reminded that this is a HyunJi fanfic, so look away if you're uncomfortable reading this.

She carefully unwrapped the pregnancy kit and followed the instructions, keeping a watchful eye on the timer. Her heart was beating faster and faster with each passing moment as she wondered how he would react. She knew that he loved their little family, which included their cat Koko and their dogs Manny, Beyonie, and Almonie, but having a baby would be a whole new adventure.

As the timer beeped, Yea Ji took a deep breath and looked at the stick. The plus sign was clearly visible, indicating that she was indeed pregnant. She couldn't wait to share the news with her beloved husband.

Yea Ji was filled with excitement and anticipation as she prepared to tell Soo Hyun the life-changing news. She carefully placed the pregnancy kit in a box and called out to him, who was in another room playing with their pets.

"Jagi, I have a surprise for you!" she said, beaming with excitement. Yea Ji took a deep breath before speaking, "I want to tell you something, but I am not sure how you will react."

"Tell me what it is," he urged with growing curiosity and ran over to her as their pets trailed behind him.

She fidgeted before handing him a small package. It was a pregnancy kit.

Soo Hyun opened the box and stared at the kit for a few seconds, letting the news sink in. His eyes grew wide with surprise as he realised what that meant. "Are you telling me you're pregnant?"

Yea Ji nodded, feeling emotional and overjoyed. She was surprised when he threw his arms around her, lifting her off the ground in a bear hug, surrounded by their furry friends who seemed to sense that something big was happening.

"Oh my God! You are pregnant," he exclaimed, his voice choked with emotion. It felt like all the love and joy in the world had washed over him at that moment. They had talked about starting a family many times before, but it always felt like something that was still in the future.

Yea Ji giggled in his embrace, feeling her worries dissipate as she looked into the adoring eyes of her husband. "Happy Father's Day, my love," she said, placing a hand over her belly.

Soo Hyun had always wanted to be a father, but he never imagined he would receive such a seemingly impossible gift as a Father's Day surprise. As he held Yea Ji in his arms, tears flowed down his face.

"I am going to be a father," he muttered, repeating the words again and again as if he couldn't believe the joyous news.

She wrapped her arms around him, her own eyes welling up with happy tears. Father's Day had turned out to be more special than either of them could have ever imagined. Soo Hyun held her close and kissed her on the forehead. He was overjoyed and couldn't stop smiling, feeling grateful for the gift of becoming a father on Father's Day.

Together, with excitement in their hearts, they began planning for the next chapter of their life. Soo Hyun was already promising the baby a lifetime of unconditional love and endless memories, and Yea Ji was already envisioning their child's nursery decorated with the softest blankets and the cutest toys.

As the day went on, Soo Hyun couldn't stop thinking about his impending fatherhood. He felt a sense of responsibility, happiness, and nervousness all rolled into one. His wife was incredibly reassuring, however, holding his hand and telling him that they were in this together knowing full well that there was a sense of fear because of what he had been through. His parents were divorced and he grew up being brought up by his mother. Growing up in a single-parent household left him wondering what it would be like to have a father figure in his life. He watched as his friends had dads to teach them how to play sports or share advice about girls, but for him, it was just him and his mom.

It was not until he met Yea Ji's parents, that he understood parental love in a way he had never experienced before. Yea Ji's dad taught him how to play golf, and her mom shared stories about their family trips. Even before they were married, Yea Ji's parents would invite him to go on trips and have family dinners together. These moments filled a void that he had during his growing years. Soo Hyun knows that not everyone gets a second chance at parental love, and he is determined to bring up his children with the love and support that he has received from his new family.

"We'll be great parents, Soo Hyun," she said, stroking his hair. "We've got each other's backs, and there's nothing we can't handle."

Her words gave him the strength and confidence he needed, and he hugged her tightly. "Thank you for making this day, my first Father's Day, so special," he said, finding himself choked up with emotion.

Together, they sat in silence for a while, basking in the glow of Father's Day and the news of their baby. Soo Hyun knew that his life would change drastically, but he also knew that he had everything he needed in his wife and child.

As they snuggled up on the couch, enjoying the warmth and love of their little family, Yea Ji and Soo Hyun knew that they were blessed beyond measure. They were grateful for the gift of life, and for the love and companionship that their pets, Koko, Manny, Beyonie, and Almonie brought into their lives. But the thought of their future, the immense joy they would feel as they hold their baby in their arms would surpass all other gifts they could ever receive.

Together, they embarked on a new chapter full of hope, joy, and wonder. And they knew that with each passing day, their love and family would continue to grow. As the sun set outside, he leaned in for a tender kiss, grateful for the love that surrounded him.

 As the sun set outside, he leaned in for a tender kiss, grateful for the love that surrounded him