The small things you do

Prompted by 'Those Eyes' by New West and 'Near or Far' by Carissa Rae.

I've been having many thoughts in my mind these days, and I still have one unfinished one shot that is left hanging... I really wish I can be better at writing and expressing my thoughts! But this is what I can offer for now. Missing the couple alot, and both of them have been MIA. That makes my clowning brain work and I managed to churn this out.

Please note that it is highly un-edited. I apologise for any mistakes and if the flow isn't as smooth. Last but not least, thank you for reading. ◡̈

Things have gotten busy for Soo Hyun as he has started preparing for his new drama 'Queen of Tears'. He has been away from home researching more about his new character Baek Hyun Woo, with frequent meetings with the director, producer and scriptwriter to frame his mind on how he would go about acting out this character, a rich husband married to a chaebol, one he has not acted as before. Being one of the highest-paid actors in South Korea with a long list of accolades under his belt, the time of preparation and familiarising himself with this unique character, rehearsing and memorising lines to express emotions through his acting was of utmost importance.

Watching him work with such fervour made her fall in love with him again. It was one of the characteristics she found attractive about him and his passion in doing his best in his projects was something she had always looked up to. She saw it once, when they worked on their first commercial together, then again when they acted together in 'It's Okay to Not Be Okay'.

As agreed between the couple, this time, she would be the one taking care of their dogs, their houses and of course, her lover. The couple had decided to take turns to rest and recharge while the other is hard at work, just like when he acted in 'One Ordinary Day' and after filming was done, she filmed her next project 'Eve'. They took time to assess the scripts and CFs they were offered and kept each other in mind in the decision-making process. It was one thing to take up roles that allow them to grow and develop as an actor, but another to respect their partner and to make sure that they were comfortable with allowing each other go through certain scenes, especially those that required physical touches. They were mature enough as professional actors and they loved each other enough not to stand in the way of their careers. Respect, trust and honesty would be the fundamental elements of their relationship.

Being the one who had more time on her hands now, she took time to learn how to cook, something she has always been keen on doing, but this time, she was making it for a special someone. Whenever he texts to say he will be back home for the night before leaving the next morning, she would prepare bento boxes and a jar containing warm health drinks for him to bring along during this cold winter season. She made an effort to make the bento boxes colourful, cute and would sometimes leave him love notes that would make his day.

He loves tonkatsu, it is an open secret that he has announced to his fans and his favourite late-night snack; half boiled egg that has to be cooked in the magic time of 6 minutes and 48 seconds. It was no surprise that these two food items were often found in his bento boxes at least once a week.

Today is going to be different. Soo Hyun had specially taken time off and requested to clear his schedule for the next three days to spend time with his lover. It is Valentine's day and in two days, his 35th birthday! They planned to visit her parents today as it has been quite some time since he last visited them and her sisters' family will also be there as well.

He wakes up from his slumber, hoping to cuddle in bed with his lover but to his dismay, she had already left the bed. It does not take long for him to realise that she had already started her day in the kitchen. His nose picks up the most tantalising smells that made his stomach growl. He smiled to himself as he gets out of bed with a spring in his step, looking forward to the long-awaited time they will spend together over the next few days.