Packages

Sergio's POV

I wake up this morning and my playful mood is gone. I was too restless to sleep once again and so I'm very tired. Plus I got a call from Alicia very late last night that Hank Watley wants to press charges and so I'm pissed at him and myself. I shouldn't have grabbed his neck but hate people who abuse the innocent for no reason and make racial remarks.

I know that Alicia has always had a calming effect on me but wonder if there would ever be someone that would force me to reevaluate my actions; someone else I'd have to worry about other than my own pride. It's almost light but I am dressed and out the door. I have already called Daniel who was trying in vain to sleep off last night's hangover.

The playfulness from my romp with Murillo is trying to become just a memory as I hurry into the traffic and then head toward my scene. As much as I'd like to think it would happen again, I know I'm not that lucky. And while those pink handcuffs dance around in my tired brain, I know it's another man who'll be using them.

I hate that guy! Why Sergio? You have no claim to her. I know, damn it! Wait? Why am I upset? Because I sent them! I need sleep. But if Watley wants to take things to a higher level I'll need something on him so that he has no leverage, hence why I'm up at such an early hour. I reach the scene and notice Alicia is already waiting.

"Sleep well?" I ask her.

"I'm like you, I don't sleep," she answers me with a frown.

"German?"

"Recovery is slow because of his heart," she sighs.

"Then why the hell are you here?" I ask firmly. I notice her look and don't mean to be sharp. Especially with Alicia.

"Sorry," I frown.
"I got a call from Andrea," Alicia tells me as we head into the building.

"Does she hate me?" I ask casually, not really caring inside though if she does.

"Do you care?" She asks me.

"Not really," I reply in truth.

"She'd like you to give her a second chance."

"Not interested," I answer quickly and the look at her square on. "And Alicia, no more blind dates. That's not a request, it's a statement."

Alicia stares back in frustration and then finally shrugs her shoulders.

"I think I'll give up on you. Besides, she wasn't your type. Too passive."

"Passive?" I arch a brow in wonder. "What does that mean?" I ask as we round the corner.

"Please, Sergio, unless a woman knocks you on your ass you dont notice. The trouble is if she's anything like you, you won't know what you have until you lose her."

"That's comforting," I grimace as I stop. Much to my horror, Murillo is standing by her crime scene door waiting for someone. What! What do I say? Hello? That seems lame. But I don't owe her anything and don't want to show Alicia anything, so I offer a small nod and a tight lipped smile.

My eyes are still held captive by her hers once again and she looks at me and winks. Damn it, did Alicia see that? Is she trying to get me in trouble? Yes, that's what this woman does best!

Still reeling from last night, I am not sure what to do so I only offer a slight smirk and then quickly look away pushing the door to my scene open and stepping inside. My eyes instantly replay last night's scuffle with Murillo and I offer a faint smile. Sadly not lost on Alicia.

"Care to share what that was?"

"What are you talking about?" I ask, trying to sound innocent. Can she hear my heart beating faster? Murillo ! She's not even in the same room as me now and already she has me flustered. Damn this woman is driving me crazy! Then why am I smiling? Sergio, stop it!