Seeing her getting up after eating just one chapati, he held her hand and forwarded a morsel towards her. She shook her head in no. But he didn't take it back. He looked at her sternly and gestured her to eat. She finally ate it and thus he fed her one more chapati with so much love.

After eating, Abhay went to keep the empty dishes in the kitchen. Till then Simran changed into her night dress.

When Abhay came in, he saw her coming out of the washroom freshly showered while rubbing her wet hair. Noticing the bruises on her cheek as the makeup was now washed away, he took out the first aid box from the setty drawer.

Holding her hand, he made her sit on the bed and dragged the chair from the dressing table in front of her. He sat in front of her such that both of her knees came between his knees, making her conscious because of their position.

Abhay took some antiseptic liquid on cotton and brought it near her cheek.

"Thoda jalega." He said and applied antiseptic filled cotton at the corner of her lips which had a cut and bruises on her cheek.

("It will burn a little.")

As soon as the cotton dab touched her lip, she closed her eyes tightly.

"Ssss..." he hissed and she opened her eyes seeing his expression like it was hurting him more than her. He kept blowing and hissing whenever the cotton touched her bruises.

All she could feel was butterflies in her stomach and his breath on her face which was making her shiver in this utterly hot month of June.

After applying medicine and keeping the first aid aside, he looked at her who was already looking at him with a smile. He tucked her hair behind her ear which was again coming on her face because of the fan at the backside.

Both were lost in each other's eyes. Abhay cupped her face and kissed her forehead. She closed her feeling his warm lips on her skin.

"It's very late. We should sleep now." He said and got off the chair but she held his wrist still looking at him.

"Aap mujhe kuchh puchhna nahi chahte?" She asked still holding his hand.

("You don't want to ask me anything?")

He sighed and sat again there.

"Kuchh nahi bahut kuchh." He said looking in her eyes straight. This time he had no softness in his voice which he always has while talking to Simran.

("Not anything but many things.")

"But the first question is - will you answer me? And if you would, Will it be an honest truth or just some random excuse to avoid my questions? Like you said at your house that you fell down in the washroom. But I'm not a fool that you will say anything and I will accept it. I know you need time. And I'm willing to give you as much time you need or want. Until you are ready to trust me enough to share your problems with me." He sighed again and keeping the first aid in its place, went to change.

Simran kept sitting there thinking about what he said. He is definitely hurt. But is she ready to let him in. Is it easy to trust someone although he never gave any reason to distrust him. She was lost in her thoughts when she heard shuffling of footsteps. She immediately laid down on her side with her back facing him.

He came by her side and looked at her sleeping. Bending down, caressing her jaw he kissed her hair. 

"Trust me Jaan. Even if I won't be able to solve your problems, I'll always be there for you by your side. Just let me in. Please." He whispered. His voice came out as pleading in last.

Switching off the light, he also laid down on his side facing her back and closed his eyes. As soon as Simran felt him laying behind her. She looked at him with tears filled eyes.

Decreasing the distance between them, she hesitantly kept her hand on his torso. His hard muscles stiffened under her soft touch but soon it relaxed. When he didn't react anything and kept his closed, she placed her head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry. I know, I hurt you. But right now I don't have any explanation for my behaviour. I just don't want to talk about this." She sniffed and he immediately embraced her and caressed her hair.

"Shhh.... Let it go now. Just sleep. Hmmm." He kept caressing and kissing her hair until she slept in his embrace.

Today was the rollercoaster. First, he got sad when he got to know his Jaan had to go to her parents' house. Then he got bereaved, missing her. Got excited at the decision that he would go and surprise her. Only to get on pins and needles to see her crying. His heart clenched remembering the bitter scene of her crying in his arms.

He looked at her sleeping like a baby. Her head which was on his shoulder was now on his chest exactly where his heart was beating only for her. He brought her closer if possible and closed his eyes to welcome sleep.

Unknown to both of them they were getting  strongly tied with The Tender Trifles of Love.

"Kahan Jaa rahe ho tum dono itna saj-dhaj ke?" Vasundhara asked looking at Abhay who was beaming with happiness

("Where are you two going dressed up?")

"Umm.." Simran tried to tell when Abhay didn't speak anything and was just grinning still holding her hand in his.

"Masi, hum movie dekhne ja rahe hai." Abhay said excitedly, swinging their hands like a kid who got his candy.

("Aunt, we are going to watch the movie.")

"Cinema Hall mein?" Vasundhara questioned.

("In the cinema hall?")

"Nahi, bahar Jaa kar phone mein dekhenge." He replied sarcastically making Vasundhara frown and Simran giggle and passed a big grin to her.

("No, we'll go out and watch a movie on the phone.)

"Bahar Jaa rahe hai toh obviously cinema hall mein hi dekhenge na." He reasoned.

("If we are going out, then obviously we will watch the movie in the cinema hall.")

"Achha, toh ruk jao mein bhi chalti tumhare saath. Maine bhi bahut dino se cinema hall mein movie nahi dekhi." Vasundhara said happily and went to her room to change.

("Ok, then I'll also come with you guys. I too haven't seen a movie in the cinema hall for a long time."

And Abhay stood there like someone gave him his favourite candy and then snatched it back harshly.

That's it for today!!!

Tell me how it was!!!

Excited for their first date 💃💃

Please read, vote and comment your precious views on the story 🙏🙏

Toodles ❣️